• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
With all our striking problems i was wondering whether he could do a job for us again, pace and strength. Not exactly the 20+ goals a season we all crave but would get 6-8 throughout the rest of the season. He always did well when he played for us. Adding to this he isnt in the Orient starting line up, he wouldnt have to move and he wouldnt be all that expensive.

Maybe not a long term cure but for now maybe a good option...

Thoughts...

UTB!

Not for me mate. I'm sure there are better options than him somewhere and i don't like the thought of going backwards to sort out our present problems. We let him go as he wasn't deemed good enough for us then and i don't see how his performances for borient would have changed tillys mind

Nope,absolute tosh.

Here Mr.Martin,give my season ticket to someone who'll enjoy watching someone that ambles about most of the game and lose possession more times than Ricketts ate cheeseburgers.

True. But maybe a season long loan or one year deal just to patch over the problems giving Tilly time to get that one much needed striker in the summer?

Its just i look at our striking options and Wayne Gray seems tempting!

True. But maybe a season long loan or one year deal just to patch over the problems giving Tilly time to get that one much needed striker in the summer?

Its just i look at our striking options and Wayne Gray seems tempting!

He can't EVEN get in the Borient team.

'Nuff said?

4 goals this season in and out the side.
11 goals last year.
9 for us the year before.
11 the year before that.

Give me some other options that could come in that are better than what we have...?

So Gray doesnt have abilty?

Id take him back over the cack we have at the club at present (not speaking for Barnard as he hasnt had his fair chance).

I was simply suggesting a short term option.

We lack pace and strength up front and i would personally welcome the move.

So Gray doesnt have abilty?

Id take him back over the cack we have at the club at present (not speaking for Barnard as he hasnt had his fair chance).

I was simply suggesting a short term option.

We lack pace and strength up front and i would personally welcome the move.

Agreed!

Always liked him, had pace and could score goals, and was perfect foil for Freddy.

I'd have him in the side ahead of Harrold and Hooper anyday.

Tilson was wrong for letting him go IMO.

Agreed!

Always liked him, had pace and could score goals, and was perfect foil for Freddy.

I'd have him in the side ahead of Harrold and Hooper anyday.

Tilson was wrong for letting him go IMO.

Tilson didn't let him go, he was offered a new one year contract but opted for a two year deal at Yeovil.

As ever TTK why let the facts get in the way of your usual anti Tilson vitriol.

Agreed!

True, but we haven't got Freddy any more, much as I'd love to have him back. Gray looked better than what he was because the defenders were concentrating more on Freddy meaning Gray got more time and space. Personally, I preferred Goater to Gray alongside Freddy any day. I'll always be grateful to him for that goal but time to move on from this one methinks.

If I can pinch a line from Tommy Docherty...

Wayne Gray; that guy can trap the ball further than I can kick it!

And to quote an unknown East Stander...

Gray; You've got the touch of a rapist! :)

Got to say though, WG did an excellent "falling on my ar5e for no apparent reason"; I expect it's still in his repertoire.

and where does this, oft trotted-out line that Gray was the perfect foil for Eastwood come from?

Apart from possibly their first game together they never played as a partnership. From my happy memories of his time with us, I recall Freddy making nearly all of his goals from nothing, by himself, without any assistance from anybody.

If I can pinch a line from Tommy Docherty...

Wayne Gray; that guy can trap the ball further than I can kick it!

And to quote an unknown East Stander...

Gray; You've got the touch of a rapist! :)

Got to say though, WG did an excellent "falling on my ar5e for no apparent reason"; I expect it's still in his repertoire.

Perfect summation there.

The one player its not worth playing the ball to feet for as it would hit him in the face.

Id be gutted if we re-signed him.

Been there done that, but is Gray better than Hooper or Harrold,think he might be. for me it shows how far we have gone back in our striking options.

Wayne Gray, a forward who scores.

Something our current crop (excl Barnard of course) are patently unable to do.

I'd welcome him back with open arms.

Goater, Eastwood, Gray.

All could get goals.

Hooper, Harrold, MacDonald.

Stark contrast and its clear why were arent as successful this time around. I cant see why people wouldnt want Gray back as a short term solution.

Back