• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WC 2018 Play-Offs

Italy not making it there is a shock and a bit sad, a world cup without them seems odd.

My attention turns to Australia v Honduras now 9am weds morning. Was good friends with Trent Sainsbury's family when I lived in Perth and would love to see him make the world cup. His old man Scott is from Chelmsford and is a top bloke and Armadale SC's biggest fan, there every Saturday for all games. Great bloke, great family, great club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l097Yxlh_y8

Good call MK. In hindsight, NI was a close one, but of course, all credit where it's due. Did you put any money on it?

Seem as your on good form, can "Mystic Mk" give us a result on the final 2 teams to qualify for the World Cup?

Namely:

Australia V Honduras
&
Peru V New Zealand

Some real quality goals from Christian Eriksen tonight, if you get a chance watch the highlights on ITV.

Good call MK. In hindsight, NI was a close one, but of course, all credit where it's due. Did you put any money on it?

Seem as your on good form, can "Mystic Mk" give us a result on the final 2 teams to qualify for the World Cup?

Namely:

Australia V Honduras
&
Peru V New Zealand

No money on it sadly....lets go with Australia & NZ.

Changing that due to Peru having to fly vast distances in under a week. Jet lag!

Last edited:
Here's something.

Before last night's, let's face it, drubbing of the Irish, the previous 6 (SIX) World Cup Play-Off matches ended 0-0 :-

Honduras 0-0 Australia
New Zealand 0-0 Peru
Denmark 0-0 Ireland
Switzerland 0-0 N Ireland
Greece 0-0 Croatia
Italy 0-0 Sweden

No money on it sadly....lets go with Australia & NZ.

Changing that due to Peru having to fly vast distances in under a week. Jet lag!

I'm not sure what your answer is?, but I wish you luck MK.

Its NZ making the long distance this time to Peru playing at altitude. (nearly 12,000 feet above sea level apparently?)

I'm not sure what your answer is?, but I wish you luck MK.

Its NZ making the long distance this time to Peru playing at altitude. (nearly 12,000 feet above sea level apparently?)

Yep, but Peru have made it twice and I very much doubt it's a direct flight.....and I got it wrong. :sad:

Welcome to the party, Peru. I've never seen them play at a World Cup (I was too young to follow Spain '82) but it'll be great to have that handsome shirt back at the big dance.

Odd set-up for those play-offs.

Why not just let Australia play New Zealand and Peru play Honduras!

Anyway, who can forget Peru's marvelous efforts in the 1978 World Cup! :smile::blush:

Odd set-up for those play-offs.

Why not just let Australia play New Zealand and Peru play Honduras!

Anyway, who can forget Peru's marvelous efforts in the 1978 World Cup! :smile::blush:

Of course, Australia's place in the play-offs could just as easily have been another 'Asian' team. So if it had been (say) Bahrain v Honduras it wouldn't have been so odd looking.

1978? I don't know what you're talking about...

[video=youtube;AOrbtGjAet0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOrbtGjAet0[/video]

:smile: I think that might be the match where the Scots fans turned on Ally MacLeod!

Back