• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well Done BBC On A Genuinely Fine Bit Of Broadcasting

Thorpe Groyney

Open your mind
I do hope, after the Brazil v Ivory Coast match, that you saw Gary Lineker talking to Emanuel Adebayor about the terrorist attack on the Togo squad in Angola.

Compelling viewing, especially when Adebayor describing the moments he was on the floor of the coach and he could see and feel his team-mates blood as it flowed by, and what made him cry so hard when he was seen on film almost inconsolable.

A great piece of journalism.

Last edited:
Fair play to BBC there have been lots of great little interviews and reports after games about various things. Loved the N Korea 66 one. What have ITV got? Ah yes adverts...

I do hope, after the Brazil v Ivory Coast match, that you saw Gary Lineker talking to Emanuel Adebayor about the terrorist attack on the Togo squad in Angola.

Compelling viewing, especially when Adebayor describing the moments he was on the floor of the coach and he could see and feel his team-mates blood as it flowed by, and what made him cry so hard when he was seen on film almost inconsolable.

Yes, I was surprised by this - they left it right up to his farewell to reflect on this event and I was impressed by Adebayor's ability to share his experience on such a public stage. The piece on 'District 6' just before was another excellent example of public service broadcasting too. Good old Auntie. :clap:

Its a shame they missed adebayor though

He came across as a genuinely nice guy - there was something quite moving about his leaving the punditry to return home and see his new-born baby daughter - and I've got a lot more time for him now than I had when he taunted the Gooners.

Has any one found a link?

Saw it. I also thought it was fantastic. The BBC are doing pretty well at making an otherwise boring World Cup pretty interesting. The empty stadiums dont help. Neither do those stupid horns.

He came across as a genuinely nice guy - there was something quite moving about his leaving the punditry to return home and see his new-born baby daughter - and I've got a lot more time for him now than I had when he taunted the Gooners.

Have to agree that this stint has IMHO improved the public perception of him.

Although to be honest his taunting of the Gooners did improve his status for me. ;) They are whinging bunch and it was good to see him get some retribution for the crap he had to put up with from them when he was there. Some Footie fans make me laugh, they can shout bile at players non stop weeks on end and soon as one decides to say/do something back to them, they go running to Mummy.

Think the Beeb's coverage has been generally superb. Lots if interesting little feature stories and good coverage of the games.

However, they lose points massively for continuing to employ that cretinous Garth 'Im an intellectual' Crooks....

Think the Beeb's coverage has been generally superb. Lots if interesting little feature stories and good coverage of the games.

However, they lose points massively for continuing to employ that cretinous Garth 'Im an intellectual' Crooks....

That I do agree with, but he is still infinitely better than ITV's Andy Townsend who talks complete rubbish from start to finish.

I remember during the game against the USA, when King went off early, he suggested that it was good management by Capello because King had been booked, and we can't afford for him to be sent off. I turned to my wife and said that I bet her any money we'll find out the real reason later!

The BBC coverage has been miles better than ITV's, who are more interested in seeing how many adverts they can fit in one show.

Back