• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Were you born on the Day the Blues were playing?

As i said previously being born in july , there were no games. the Nearest being the last game of the previous season (and our last game in div 3 South) a 6-3 thrashing of Northampton on May 2nd at RH (McCrory 3 Price 2 and Smith) to place us 7th and avoid "relegation" to the new Division 4

And the first game of the next season (The first Div 3 non regionalised game) 4-1 away win at Oxford (Hollis 2 Crossan and McCrory)

I was born the day after a 4-2 win at Reading on 25/11/1990. We were top of the league at the time I believe, and was promoted that season.

Like most I'd never thought of this & with April 29th 1959 being a Wednesday right at the end of the season I had no hope.

As it happens though 5-2 home winners that night in our last game of the season vs Notts County. With Hollis(2) Houghton(2) & McCrory the scorers to finish 8th in the old D3, so sadly just outside the play-offs. :whistling:

Tuesday 18th August 1970, Lost away to Charlton Athletic 3-0 at the Valley in the League Cup 1st round.....

And ive just manage to secure a copy of the programme for that day as well !!!

Last edited:
Not very likely in those days, the League Two Play-off Final was on my birthday though!

Best. Birthday. Ever.

i dont think southend have ever played on my birthday
seeing as its june 15th (1982)

but england have a great record when playing june 14th-16th, at euros & world cups !

Yes. Wednesday 1st April 1992 against Bristol Rovers. A Win!

Wed 1-Apr Bristol Rovers A D2 9th 1 0 Jones 7 5,375

the day after my birthday.... (1984)

Sat 13-Oct Northampton Town H D4 2 1 Phillips Pountney 0 1,920

Back