• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CANV

Coach
on the way back from the canvey game bbc essex was pretty positive about your performance today, tho most of you appear not to agree.. i guess a win would have changed everyones objective view of proceedings...
anyway is anyone remotely excited about the west ham game this tuesday.. the last time there was an atmosphere like this around the hall was just before the QPR game last season.. ok a similar result or even a goal for that matter may seem unlikely but surely its going to be a laugh?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Aug. 23 2004,09:43)]on the way back from the canvey game bbc essex was pretty positive about your performance today, tho most of you appear not to agree.. i guess a win would have changed everyones objective view of proceedings...  
anyway is anyone remotely excited about the west ham game this tuesday..  the last time there was an atmosphere like this around the hall was just before the QPR game last season..  ok a similar result or even a goal for that matter may seem unlikely but surely its going to be a laugh?
I think spirit is low on here, because we are having our worst start in many years... however, I pointed out in another thread yesterday that by the QPR game last year, we had gone 7 games with 1 win and 2 draws scoring only 3 goals along the way [Pre-Xmas to Mid January]. The QPR game as we all know went well and generally from that point, we were quite strong!.

The general concensus is that despite all the considered opinions we have posted on here, we have a good squad with competition for places throughout... so why aren't we winning games?

The only result that has been about right so far, is the Lincoln City draw! We should have beaten Rochdale, Cambridge, and Cheltenham to be honest [given past performances!] and I think the issue was possibly tactical as to why we didn't.

Other opinions follow...

We shouldn't have beaten Cheltenham, but Rochdale and Cambridge quite easily could've been us winning on performances alone. Cheltenham had the right gameplan against our style of play and considering the heat aswell.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ Aug. 23 2004,11:15)]We shouldn't have beaten Cheltenham, but Rochdale and Cambridge quite easily could've been us winning on performances alone. Cheltenham had the right gameplan against our style of play and considering the heat aswell.
I agree with what you are saying... but, the point I was trying to make is that last seasons opener was a stroll and although Cheltenham have played us a few times now and perhaps know how to handle our attacks [numbers behind the ball], we should still be winning against teams like this... the heat had little to do with it, because it was the same for both teams, but their sit back and wait ploy did give them an advantage, counterattacking at speed!

It will be an enjoyable night for the players and fans alike of SUFC, I just hope whatever the result maybe (3-0, west ham IMHO) We all enjoy the night and make a load of noise for the entire 90 mins, its not often we get the chance to watch our heroes perform in a competetive game at our more illustrious neighbours is it, so lets just enjoy the occasion, make plenty of noise and hope we can have at least ONE goal to celebrate!! COME ON SOUTHEND!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Aug. 23 2004,09:43)]on the way back from the canvey game bbc essex was pretty positive about your performance today,

anyway is anyone remotely excited about the west ham game this tuesday..  the last time there was an atmosphere like this around the hall was just before the QPR game last season..  ok a similar result or even a goal for that matter may seem unlikely but surely its going to be a laugh?
BBC Essex view all the games through rose-tinted glasses.
I use to wonder why we were always so unlucky at away games I listened to on the radio, yet whenever I attended we never had a chance all game.....

I'm glad Southend drew Wet Sham in the cup as it should be a good money-spinner. But the Worthless Cup (or whatever its called these days) is a mickey mouse cup and its probably below the LDV in my priorities, as at least in the LDV we have a realistic chance of getting to the final......

Last season I think the Swindon game helped wreck our season. I was hoping we would last a few more games before being found out. Sadly Swindon being a good Div 2 team found out how to play us after 45 mins and the watching scouts cottoned on. I'd put out a reserve team and use it for match practice.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Aug. 23 2004,09:45)]fk  you cant edit the title..!
You can't ... but I can! HAHA! The power ... !!!

WS

tounge.gif

power corrupts.. but absolute power is just a fking great laugh..

i shall be commencing pintage at 3 pm today.. the last time i went to a shrimpers cup game you were all equally down and that was QPR.. i expect a similar performance tonight

Back