• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seven points from the last three games and six of those points against top 5 teams, Accrington are rubbish.

I wonder when the last time when there was an attendance below 1000 in League 2? certainly don't remember seeing one lower than a 1000 since we came down to it a few years ago.

Accrington had an attendance of 947 on 21/10/14 vs Hartlepool :winking:

I was at a crowd of 1,700 at a Conference South club at the weekend which just goes to show how poor that attendance is! I know it's a Tuesday night as well but 93 away fans for a 2 hour journey is also pretty poor.

I was at a crowd of 1,700 at a Conference South club at the weekend which just goes to show how poor that attendance is! I know it's a Tuesday night as well but 93 away fans for a 2 hour journey is also pretty poor.

Disingenuous not to mention it was a FA Trophy semi-final with a match at Wembley up for grabs ! Bath actually got 355 for their previous home League match (which they won 7-4).

Population of Bath - 84,000. Population of Accrington 38,500.

Disingenuous not to mention it was a FA Trophy semi-final with a match at Wembley up for grabs ! Bath actually got 355 for their previous home League match (which they won 7-4).

Population of Bath - 84,000. Population of Accrington 38,500.

That's a fair point! But their average attendance is around 600-800 which isn't too far off considering the gap in divisions. Another thing to consider is that Bath have the big rugby presence and the likes of Bristol City are only 20/30 minutes away, although some clubs like Accrington have far bigger neighbours and although we complain about West Ham/Tottenham/etc they are all much further away than the likes of Liverpool and Everton are for Tranmere.

Have to respect Accrington as they're a proper football club probably punching above their weight but who aren't relying on a rich owner or pretending they're something they're not. Less respect for the likes of Burton who have benefitted from funding and their fan base has remained non-league size. To be honest though that may just be my bias that I still haven't forgiven them for the play-offs!

Back