• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What channel should all England games be on?

Which channel should show all England games?

• Total voters

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
What channel should all England games be on?
I hate the idea of friendlies and away games being on Setanta and having to watch highlights on ITV 5 hours after I know the result.
Positives and negatives of each channel:
BBC - Good punditry, good commentating (may have changed by now), everyone can watch
ITV - Poor punditry, poor/biased commentary at times, poor recording, everyone can watch
Sky Sports - Have to pay to watch, good commentary, good punditry
Setanta - Have to pay to watch, not many people signed up

BBC was great with the England games and the FA Cup games. The FA got greedy and are trying to ruin the game with confusing laws.

England games, both competitive and friendlies, should be avaliable for everyone. So it would have to be between the BBC and ITV.

Obviously BBC is much, much better at football coverage, so it should go to them.

Gone for the Beeb so the masses have access, no probs with it also being shown on Sky at the same time though.

Gone for the Beeb so the masses have access, no probs with it also being shown on Sky at the same time though.

Why would Sky buy it if the BBC are showing it?

In answer to the question: Internationals What channel should all England games be on?

The channel who pays the most money to buy the rights.

For the larger worldwide audience perhaps? I don't know, just making the point really that it shouldn't be an exclusive thing.

Why would Sky buy it if the BBC are showing it?

Well they do for the F.A cup final but I see your point.

I have to go for BBC. I don't like many or maybe any of their pundits and in general I don't think they are as good as sky, but i hate watching sky and there being adverts every two minutes during the build up and half time.

BBC, couldn't bear to think what would happen on ITV if England scored the decisive goal that won us the World Cup in extra time.... only for it to go to a tic-tac advert!

As I'm moving to the US next month, I hope that they'll all be on ESPN or FSN. When I last lived abroad, the coverage was very hit and miss, and the 5-1 win over Germany wasn't shown on any Canadian channel. As you can imagine, that was a minor disappointment.

As for what channel they should be on in England - whoever offers the most money. I believe we live in a capitalist country, and if the BBC can't use some of that juicy licence fee cash to show England games, why should they get them?

Wouldn't give a **** if nobody showed them at all. In the 70's and 80's I hardly ever missed an England game at Wembley but now they have very little interest to me at all.

International friendlies have become like meaningless testimonial matches thanks to Sven and his almost limitless substitutions reducing them to a joke and since then, you cannot risk the wrath of Sir Alex, Wenger, whoever is managing Chelsea that week or indeed any Premiership manager by playing any of the top stars for seemingly more than about ten minutes of a match and having a "gentleman's agreement" to sub them as soon as they look they might start to break sweat.

England matches on TV never hold my attention anymore and even if I do start to watch, I normally switch over fairly quickly as I simply find them a bore.

Frankly given the chance of watching Southend Reserves or England, it would be our reserves any day. Suppose that will not go down too well with all our "patriots" here but that is the way it is.

What TV station? Setanta, BBC, Sky? As I say, I really couldn't care less.

This is the national team for heavens sakes and therefore should be available for all to watch regardless.

I think the BBC should cover this as I loathe commerical breaks in the middle of games.

By putting them onto Sky/Setanta they are restricting their audience and it does nothing to promote the game it'self

Back