• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Why? In my eyes some literary characters should remain the sex they are - works both ways. A male Jane Eyre? I think not.

Dr Who isn't really a literary character, he's a fictional character than can be reinvented/resdesigned to serve a cultural purpose. So he can be black, gay, disabled, female. He's an alien, and as in the last episode, the faces we wear are what we want to see...

Dr Who isn't really a literary character, he's a fictional character than can be reinvented/resdesigned to serve a cultural purpose. So he can be black, gay, disabled, female. He's an alien, and as in the last episode, the faces we wear are what we want to see...

That Peter Purvis eh? Worrying :stunned:

Just finished Fargo - brilliant. Really want to see the film again now.

It's worth re-watching the film to realise how it ties together.

Gomorrah on Sky Atlantic is top draw. If you like crime/gangster thrillers, this is the ticket.

If you two can do better then get on there and shake up the system.I dislike the way that they get to pratice what they are going to bake,Jo Brands show should be good tomorrow.

GBB off! Will the part 2 show who took Ian's ice cream out? I am thinking the older lady did it and if so I believe she should have "walked" instead of Ian as an honourable thing to do.
And if the Scots vote YES will they be excluded from taking part? Or receiving BBC transmissions?

It's worth re-watching the film to realise how it ties together.

Gomorrah on Sky Atlantic is top draw. If you like crime/gangster thrillers, this is the ticket.

question for those who have seen it which I will put in spoilers for the benefit of those who haven't...

Spoiler:  
When Malvo went on that 'test drive' in the final episode and tied the car dealer to the steering wheel so that he could sneak up on the FBI wallies, did he end up killing the car dealer? I was really hoping not, having remembered him from one of the early episodes when he was trying to buy insurance off Lester.

Also, a little quibble - Lester's circumstances in the year between killing his wife and the events of the last three episodes - they changed remarkably quickly didn't they?

GBB off! Will the part 2 show who took Ian's ice cream out? I am thinking the older lady did it and if so I believe she should have "walked" instead of Ian as an honourable thing to do.
And if the Scots vote YES will they be excluded from taking part? Or receiving BBC transmissions?

I thought there were two of them involved in removing it and either could have made sure it went back. Neither did. Ian had to go, if he'd just kept something back to present he would have stayed, it was a moment of madness and it cost him.

I thought it was pretty poor that 4 of them seemed to be sharing a huge chest freezer while the rest of them seemed to be sharing a much smaller and harder to get at upright freezer! There should have been clearly allocated freezer space, hell, on Masterchef they would have had blast chillers. Each!!!

I thought there were two of them involved in removing it and either could have made sure it went back. Neither did. Ian had to go, if he'd just kept something back to present he would have stayed, it was a moment of madness and it cost him.

I thought it was pretty poor that 4 of them seemed to be sharing a huge chest freezer while the rest of them seemed to be sharing a much smaller and harder to get at upright freezer! There should have been clearly allocated freezer space, hell, on Masterchef they would have had blast chillers. Each!!!

Apparantly Ian's ice cream was out of the freezer for no longer than 40 seconds, so I've got less sympathy for him now. It was obviously not going to freeze in time. Jocko Norman is obviously going next, he's wayyyyy out of his depth.

Apparantly Ian's ice cream was out of the freezer for no longer than 40 seconds, so I've got less sympathy for him now. It was obviously not going to freeze in time. Jocko Norman is obviously going next, he's wayyyyy out of his depth.

No, I agree, it was in trouble before it went in. Him or Diana, Norman is very safe but unspectacular. I think Mary likes him much better than Paul does.

Back