• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Just finished watching Goldstone on Netflix.

A western show with a great story and well acted. 7 out of 10

Just finished watching Goldstone on Netflix.

A western show with a great story and well acted. 7 out of 10

Hmm, what is your 7/10? are you a harsh scorer, where on a scale of placements with other series would you put it? better than what? but not as good as what?
For example, and fairly straight forward GOT is likely a 9 for most (me) and last Kingdom gets an 8, the new Star Trek a 7.
I do like a good Western, something like Lonesome Dove for a series, and Open Range or Shane more than Mag 7 as a film.

Last edited:
Hmm, what is your 7/10? are you a harsh scorer, where on a scale of placements with other series would you put it? better than what? but not as good as what?
For example, and fairly straight forward GOT is likely a 9 for most (me) and last Kingdom gets an 8, the new Star Trek a 7.
I do like a good Western, something like Lonesome Dove for a series, and Open Range or Shane more than Mag 7 as a film.

I'm not overly a harsh scorer. Just felt that a steady 7 was the right score. Have you seen it and disagree?

For what it's worth. Only GOT, breaking bad and maybe the walking dead score a 9+

I'm not overly a harsh scorer. Just felt that a steady 7 was the right score. Have you seen it and disagree?

For what it's worth. Only GOT, breaking bad and maybe the walking dead score a 9+

Really? It's currently about a 4 on a good episode (which is very rare of late). I'm only sticking with it as I've religiously watched it for 7 years and you think I'd learnt my lesson after the debacle of Lost.

Peaky blinders continues to be excellent and just noticed the 1st two episodes of Vikings series 5 are now on Amazon! That's my evening sorted

S7 of Stranger Things - now everyone I know has slagged it off. Yes, it is slightly out of step with the usual story, but I can see it will work in S3....it wasn't great (the "punk" was dreadful) but it wasn't that bad.

After that, started Dark, which is a German Netflix original, more weirdy SF gubbins and whilst it seems ok, it's dubbed into English and it's very disconcerting hearing (somewhat stilted) English dialogue coming out of mouths that are talking German. I'd rather it was in the original language and subtitled - I'm a big boy now, I can read. Will I stick with it? Unsure, I guess once ST is over I'll need something to fill the gap.

The Walking Dead mid-season finale. Oh dear.

Spoiler:  
Sooooooooo, how exactly did Negan and his crew get out? Eugene "did" something apparantly......oh dear. It was like those Saturday morning TV shows where the hero is in peril and then with one leap they're free....****, ****, **** poor.

Still, nice twist with Carl being on the way out at the end.

Back