• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Thought TV was poor over the festive period, only thing I enjoyed was my recording of the premiere of 'Gone Girl' which we found gripping. I agree about Mrs Brown's Boys, well past any entertainment stage imho, needs a decent burial. Sorry but we thought 'Call the Midwife' too contrived. Bah Humbug.

Saw the first one of the new batch of Black Mirrors.

Great stuff indeed, hopefully the other 5 will be just as good if not better. :thumbsup:

got through them all over the weekend, very high standard again. Everyone I know seemed to love USS Calister but for me it was my least favourite episode of the lot (don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it). Really liked "hang the DJ" and "metalhead" but all of them were superb in all honesty. Netflix have to renew it now the 2 season contract is up.

Inside No.9....whilst no doubt clever I didn't really warm to it. Good to have it back though.

No.2 (Arkangel) Black Mirror - not as good as No.1 but still a enjoyable (if that's the word) - and if you've got kids you can understand the mum's motivation.

Inside No.9....whilst no doubt clever I didn't really warm to it. Good to have it back though.

No.2 (Arkangel) Black Mirror - not as good as No.1 but still a enjoyable (if that's the word) - and if you've got kids you can understand the mum's motivation.

Thought arkangel was the weakest episode, like you say still enjoyable but not the same standard as the rest.

I watched an episode of The Toys That Made Us on Netflix yesterday, found it really interesting. The episode I watched was all about He-Man but they have episodes devoted to Star Wars, GI Joe and Barbie. Also watched the first couple of episodes of Star Trek: Discovery, not bad so far so will give the other episodes a watch soon. I'm not a fan of the JJ Abrams reboots so will see how this fares.

I've heard good things about Dark on Netflix and Halt and Catch Fire on Amazon Prime so will look at those next, I must say though the amount of quality content available on Netflix and Amazon is staggering compared to broadcast TV.

I watched an episode of The Toys That Made Us on Netflix yesterday, found it really interesting. The episode I watched was all about He-Man but they have episodes devoted to Star Wars, GI Joe and Barbie. Also watched the first couple of episodes of Star Trek: Discovery, not bad so far so will give the other episodes a watch soon. I'm not a fan of the JJ Abrams reboots so will see how this fares.

I've heard good things about Dark on Netflix and Halt and Catch Fire on Amazon Prime so will look at those next, I must say though the amount of quality content available on Netflix and Amazon is staggering compared to broadcast TV.

Halt and catch fire is decent but then again I am an 80s computer nerd.

I had a Vic 20, my brother had a Mattel Aquarius.

We took them both back to Dixons and exchanged for a Commodore 64.

ZX81 > Spectrum > C64 > Amiga 500 > PC

Not to mention Atari VCS/NES/SNES/PS1/Dreamcast/N64/Game Cube/Wii/XBox 360/PS4

After many people telling me to watch Peaky Blinders, I have finally had time to sit down and watch it last night for the first time. It was my intention to watch the first episode of the first series, I ended up watching 3. Excellent so far and soon I will begin to understand what everyone else is talking about when they are speaking about Peaky Blinders! Cillian Murphy is a fantastic actor.

Back