• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Can't abide Ricky Gervais, as some may remember, but, after hearing so many people raving about it, we watched Afterlife over the weekend and last night. Absolutely brilliant stuff, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Can't abide Ricky Gervais, as some may remember, but, after hearing so many people raving about it, we watched Afterlife over the weekend and last night. Absolutely brilliant stuff, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I can’t remember why?

I love the bloke, think he’s a comical genius. Love his stand up, love all of his shows and his Twitter account is absolute gold.

I can’t remember why?

I love the bloke, think he’s a comical genius. Love his stand up, love all of his shows and his Twitter account is absolute gold.

Why I can't stand him? I think he's an arrogant ****, full of his own self importance and far too over opinionated. He's too rude and over bearing at times. Having said all that, I agree with a lot of his views on animal hunting too - maybe I'm just mellowing in my old age!

Why I can't stand him? I think he's an arrogant ****, full of his own self importance and far too over opinionated. He's too rude and over bearing at times. Having said all that, I agree with a lot of his views on animal hunting too - maybe I'm just mellowing in my old age!

Not because he's to the left of centre then politically? I can't stand Lee Hurst for many reasons.

I think it’s part of his character and what I love most about him. He doesn’t give a **** what people say or think of him.

Not because he's to the left of centre then politically? I can't stand Lee Hurst for many reasons.
I used to like Lee Hurst on they think its all over, went to see him in Chelmsford a few years back on one of his travelling shows where he compares for other comedians. Went in a large group and emailed to sort it out as it was limited numbers. Lee himself sorted it all out for us and was a really nice guy even saw him for a drink before the show. After that I followed him on twitter and it was like a completely different person, very hate filled and bitter. I had to stop following him.

I used to like Lee Hurst on they think its all over, went to see him in Chelmsford a few years back on one of his travelling shows where he compares for other comedians. Went in a large group and emailed to sort it out as it was limited numbers. Lee himself sorted it all out for us and was a really nice guy even saw him for a drink before the show. After that I followed him on twitter and it was like a completely different person, very hate filled and bitter. I had to stop following him.

B****** brought out the worst in most Twitterers. I guess that was always in him - Gary Lineker has some less than favourable stories about him I believe.

stick with BCS, it's worth it. However, I'd recommend watching BB first, because you get so much more from BCS by knowing the events of BB. They're supposed to be watch that way around even though it's not chronological.
Yeah totally with that. BB is immense from start to finish. BCS is a slow burner, but gathers pace. I’ve just finished the latest series, which was superb !

Normal People on Iplayer - love story between a working class lad & a reclusive upper middle class girl. Set in Ireland, jolly good and definitely not one for the kids.
Kind of chanced upon this series and ended up binge watching it in 2 days. The acting is superb, and believable. The 2 main characters are deeply flawed but so likeable. I ended up feeling so desperate they’d stay together.

Kind of chanced upon this series and ended up binge watching it in 2 days. The acting is superb, and believable. The 2 main characters are deeply flawed but so likeable. I ended up feeling so desperate they’d stay together.

No spoilers FF!

Absolutely love watching Monty Don ! He’s the king of gardeners !!
He is quite a gentile pleasant chap for sure.
I do some work in the commercial horticulture line and this week Gardiner's delight tomato and grow bags have had enormous sale surge, if people can buy them they are!

Last edited:
Cautiously put toes in water for series 1 of After Life given feedback on here. Cautious because Mrs RHB has never had much time for Ricky (I love the bloke). However, to say it is addictive is an understatement for us both. Up to episode 4, will finish off after dinner, then on the Series 2.

Back