• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

I have just seen this incredible docu. about life in the frontline in Vietnam...It is not only the soldiers but the press too.

Even if you only have the slightest interest in the Vietnam war "miss this at your peril!

PBS America is on channel 84 (they're currently showing The Vietnam War tonight and during the day tomorrow)

Totally agree, this is arguably the finest doc on the Vietnam war out there and is shown regularly on PBS. And don't forget that the PBS streaming app is available where you can see a pretty impressive array of documentary series.

I attempted to stream on PBS (I have a VPN) without any luck.
I found all of the episodes on Youtube.

I have seen two so far and they were amazing.
how are you getting on with the series (must be about 8 so far)?

Following the excellent series 'The serpent' I tuned into the documentary 'The Real Serpent' on Channel 4. It's aim, supposedly, was to get answers concerning the crimes and allow Sobhraj to offer his side of the story. In the end he either couldn't (conveniently) remember events, resorted to obfuscation, or just wouldn't answer questions. It was, IMHO, a big mistake giving him centre floor and shining all of the attention on him, which he clearly wallowed in. The only glimmer of hope was that the investigators passed on to the Dutch government the new evidence that they had found in the hope they would re-open the case concerning the death of two of their young citizens. After fifty years, good luck with that.

Totally agree, this is arguably the finest doc on the Vietnam war out there and is shown regularly on PBS. And don't forget that the PBS streaming app is available where you can see a pretty impressive array of documentary series.
I only found out about this today the "My Lai murders"---Was that included?

Watching ‘Friday Night Dinner’ again from the 1st series- obviously with no shirt on as “its boiling in here”😉

Watching ‘Friday Night Dinner’ again from the 1st series- obviously with no shirt on as “its boiling in here”😉
I cannot get into that programme. Everyone at work raves about it and I have tried a couple of times but just don't find it funny! In fact, it make me grit my teeth!

I cannot get into that programme. Everyone at work raves about it and I have tried a couple of times but just don't find it funny! In fact, it make me grit my teeth!
My kids introduced me to it only about 2 years ago. Took a while to get into it.

Also have recently started watching Count Arthur Strong after finding him on iplayer- reminds me of stuff from the 80s & early 90s & makes a change from the endless panel shows. I’d recommend him if you’re looking for a nice gentle silly sitcom, also has the late Roy Kinnears son, Rory, in it.

Going to see him at the Palace Theatre in May.

My kids introduced me to it only about 2 years ago. Took a while to get into it.

Also have recently started watching Count Arthur Strong after finding him on iplayer- reminds me of stuff from the 80s & early 90s & makes a change from the endless panel shows. I’d recommend him if you’re looking for a nice gentle silly sitcom, also has the late Roy Kinnears son, Rory, in it.

Going to see him at the Palace Theatre in May.

Very funny, and quite clever comedy. Remember S1 episode, stuck in the middle IIRC where he gets the better of a con man plumber

Thoroughly enjoyed episode 2 of This Town on BB! yesterday.Anyone know when Part 3 is due to be shown? (It's not tonite as I just checked the schedule.Also the 2nd SF of University Challenge (BBC2) where my old alma mater,UCL (at postgrad .level )won through to next week's final.

Back