• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F***ing speed awareness course thingy! Poxy £100 for the privilege of going!!! F***ing b*****d ex boss had complained to police about speed of cars outside school, so have been done for doing about 25 in a 20 - and all because I'd pulled out just as a white van steamed round the corner and had to put my foot down a little. 34 year unblemished driving record! Absolute bloody bollocks!!! Mad as hell! :angry:

F***ing speed awareness course thingy! Poxy £100 for the privilege of going!!! F***ing b*****d ex boss had complained to police about speed of cars outside school, so have been done for doing about 25 in a 20 - and all because I'd pulled out just as a white van steamed round the corner and had to put my foot down a little. 34 year unblemished driving record! Absolute bloody bollocks!!! Mad as hell! :angry:

Can't do the time, don't do the crime

My children attend Benfleet Primary. Could you avoid the area around 8:45 and 15:15 please.

I watched a woman sit in the aisle seat of an unoccupied two seat row. Later when the train had filled up someone asked for the window seat and she tutted loudly and shot them an evil before reluctantly moving out of the way to let the passenger take the seat.

There are some selfish *******s about.

I watched a woman sit in the aisle seat of an unoccupied two seat row. Later when the train had filled up someone asked for the window seat and she tutted loudly and shot them an evil before reluctantly moving out of the way to let the passenger take the seat.

There are some selfish *******s about.
Oh you have seen her as well .

That is bad. There seems to be no grey area. If you have a 34 year old unblemished record, then the last thing you need is to finish that record with a petty offense. If you had no good reason to speed up, then fair enough. But if a van suddenly steams around a corner behind you, I think most people would speed up for a few seconds to stop him hitting them, and then slow down. Sometimes it needs a bit of common sense in these situations. If you have an amazing driving record and a very good reason to go over the speed for a few seconds, then I think you should be given the benefit.

I went on one of those courses around this time last year. It was surprisingly good.

You've still got an unblemished driving record, thanks to the speed awareness course.

I went on one of those courses around this time last year. It was surprisingly good.

Yeah I had to do one as well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The drag-race out of the car park once the course had finished was pretty funny as well!

Sounds like you shouldn't have pulled out in the first place!

Speeding drivers.

It's apparently not enough for them to be selfishly polluting the air and taking up so much space (compared to public transport, cyclists and people who walk) whilst they drive about in their killing machines, but they also feel above the law and get all indignant when the brave boys in blue/a traffic camera catches them blatantly flouting the law.

Yeah I had to do one as well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The drag-race out of the car park once the course had finished was pretty funny as well!

Yeah, I had to floor it to get home in time to have something to eat and get to a home match.

I got six points once a few years back, made f-all difference to my insurance quotes. I'd rather take the 3 points.

I went on one in 2013 too, What worried me about it was the number of people there who had been driving for years who had no idea about a number of things raised.
Shockingly a large number didn't know about lamp posts being a speed limit indicator ...

Shockingly a large number didn't know about lamp posts being a speed limit indicator ...

You can add me to the list :smile:

Just been on FreeCycle and a woman is desperate for a heater as her landlord (allegedly) won't repair her heating and she's got two small kids. Sickening (if true of course) - I have this crappy old space heater she's welcome to.

Back