• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the point of weather forecasting? So last week the BBC predicted 30 degrees+ and wall to wall sunshine. It's grey, overcast and a bit nippy to be honest.

But he does have a personality and this is something he has improved massively over the last few years. You have probably buried your head ion the sand and just hate him for no reason.

His game is anything but robotic. It's all about the subtle changes he makes.

And he definitely has a personality. The way he slapped down Inverdale when Inverdale asked him what it was like to be the first tennis player to have won 2 gold medals made me (and probably Redgrave) LOL.

He has a very boring monotone voice, but he himself is far from boring. On court, I.e. when he's at work maybe he is, but I suggest you watch his interviews, comic relief sketch and various other TV appearances.

well clearly I am in the minority here and therefore I will give him another go, London1990 you're probably right I have probably buried my head in the sand after making my mind up on him a couple of years back and will give him another chance, however I reserve the rights to reinstate my previous comments if I find him boring and personality less yet again.

What is the point of weather forecasting? So last week the BBC predicted 30 degrees+ and wall to wall sunshine. It's grey, overcast and a bit nippy to be honest.

Not here on the South coast it isn't. It's boiling hot. We've been swimming in the sea and we're going sailing on Thursday.

Last edited:

Clearly living in the wrong part of the country today. Nice and bright here in Stanford at the Hardie Park summer bonce. Attempting to knacker the lad out before taking my daughter to see Suicide Squad tonight. Should be suitably crap for me but enjoyable for her.

well clearly I am in the minority here and therefore I will give him another go, London1990 you're probably right I have probably buried my head in the sand after making my mind up on him a couple of years back and will give him another chance, however I reserve the rights to reinstate my previous comments if I find him boring and personality less yet again.

Fair play. I can see how he might not to be to everyone's taste (who is?) but from being pretty agnostic about him I've warmed to him and begrudingly respect has grown to admiration. He pretty much won the Davis Cup single-handedly and now twice Olympic Champion, plus managed to win Wimbledon despite all that expectation after Britain's decades long lack of a champion. That's one hell of a sporting CV.

Obviously he's still got a monotone voice and is still a tennis player but within those constraints he's a relatively interesting character with opinions. How many sportsmen would choose go without a coach for an extended period of time? Or even appoint a female coach? And he's done it all without the need to ponce about Wimbledon in a cream blazer.

The joyless authoritarian knobend who tried to confront me for cycling on the sea wall path between Chalkwell and Leigh.

Sir, cycling is prohibited here sir. Sir. Please come back sir.

Yes I know I shouldn't really be there but if it's busy I walk and I don't see the problem at 8:30 pm when the path is deserted and if cyclists show respect around pedestrians.

It's less of a menace than dogs off the lead ******** all over the place.

Last edited:
Two skateboard ones - yesterday on the way home, a teen refused to budge as I went up a hill and he came down. Should have run the little **** over.

And a hipster doofus, full on beard, trendy man bag and long hair skateboarding through a local park. You're probably nearly 30 mate, give it up, you're not in Stoke Newington now.

Two skateboard ones - yesterday on the way home, a teen refused to budge as I went up a hill and he came down. Should have run the little **** over.

And a hipster doofus, full on beard, trendy man bag and long hair skateboarding through a local park. You're probably nearly 30 mate, give it up, you're not in Stoke Newington now.

Ha, I said ****** under my breath as a grown up on a scooter whizzed past me this morning :smile:

Also - the amount of people who suddenly become really interested in their shoes/phone/the floor when a pregnant woman gets on the tube.

Ha, I said ****** under my breath as a grown up on a scooter whizzed past me this morning :smile:

Also - the amount of people who suddenly become really interested in their shoes/phone/the floor when a pregnant woman gets on the tube.

Yep that is bad, I am convinced there are women who wear those "baby on board" tube badges without being pregnant to get a seat though. I see a good few with no bump to speak of and one lady in particular has been wearing one for months and you'd expect her to be showing by now.

Yep that is bad, I am convinced there are women who wear those "baby on board" tube badges without being pregnant to get a seat though. I see a good few with no bump to speak of and one lady in particular has been wearing one for months and you'd expect her to be showing by now.

Ha, we've all seen one or two of those :smile:

One I saw this morning was legit though. Unless it was a beach ball, which seems a lot of effort to go to in order to get a seat, but the Northern Line does get very busy...

To be fair, it's not just the need to sit down, it's the fact that sitting down is safer. A pregnant woman falling over or having someone fall onto them could end really badly.

To be fair, it's not just the need to sit down, it's the fact that sitting down is safer. A pregnant woman falling over or having someone fall onto them could end really badly.

I suppose that's an argument for giving fat people priority on public transport.

I had the same recently when my leg was in a boot. I had one guy look at my boot, look me in the eye and then do nothing. I had two women (on different occasions) kick my foot and then drop heavy bags on it without any kind of apology. The only person to offer me a seat was a female...The day before the boot came off.

Back