• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First week of my job out in Spain was invited out for lunch with some colleagues and the boss, I asked for some water to drink, every other person there looked at me weirdly and then ordered beers and wine. I was shocked but to them I was the odd one for not drinking, says a lot about the cultural differences!

You could perhaps have mentioned you'd probably finished at 1.30/2 and presumably weren't expected back in the office until after 4 (thus having plenty of time+a good meal to absorb any lunchtime booze).

PS The only time I drink at lunchtime in the week is on a Friday, when my wife and I regularly go out to a local restaurant in SC (and I don't have classes until 4 or 7 pm afterwards).

You could perhaps have mentioned you'd probably finished at 1.30/2 and presumably weren't expected back in the office until after 4 (thus having plenty of time+a good meal to absorb any lunchtime booze).

PS The only time I drink at lunchtime in the week is on a Friday, when my wife and I regularly go out to a local restaurant in SC (and I don't have classes until 4 or 7 pm afterwards).
Unfortunately not, we only had the one hour for lunch, usually 2pm-3pm.

********s who think they're so cool using the word sheeple as a derogatory term. #Guardian #CIF

Total ****ing idiots who think that giving way to traffic coming from the right at a roundabout doesn't apply to them.

Total ****ing idiots who think that giving way to traffic coming from the right at a roundabout doesn't apply to them.

Don't ever bother with HK then. That is normal driving as is turning right on a roundabout while starting in the left lane, staying left all the way around and not bothering with indicators through the whole process. Zebra crossings exist in name only. Pelican crossings exist but the locals do not understand that you have to press a button for the red man to change to green. They will happily stand around for ages with no traffic waiting for the green man that never comes.

Chavvy scumbag parents stealing my kids' school cardigans.

You can tell it's yours, but you can't prove it because the label (where once was her name) has been cut out. They're only Tesco's £5 cardigans, but **** me. :angry:

You can tell it's yours, but you can't prove it because the label (where once was her name) has been cut out. They're only Tesco's £5 cardigans, but **** me. :angry:

I would recommend putting a label somewhere they won't think to look, like half way up the inside of the sleeve for example.

I think the wife is thinking of permanent marker on the actual cardigan!

Also a good idea. That's what we do, but it does fade over time, and when you hand a garment down you then have to cross out and replace the first name!

Dont get mad, get even. Everyone loves a feud from time-to-time.

Dont get mad, get even. Everyone loves a feud from time-to-time.

Ah but if your kid is friends with their kid, but doesn't get an invite to their birthday party it's not nice. So much to learn young man about the minefield of parenting :winking:

Ah but if your kid is friends with their kid, but doesn't get an invite to their birthday party it's not nice. So much to learn young man about the minefield of parenting :winking:

In fairness, you could consider crashing their party, (think Arnie at the end of Commando) style? It's a sure-fire way to make sure they don't blacklist you again. And it'd probably prevent any further garment pinching.

So much to learn about mindless, excruciatingly violent, yet highly addictive revenge feuds :winking:

In fairness, you could consider crashing their party, (think Arnie at the end of Commando) style? It's a sure-fire way to make sure they don't blacklist you again. And it'd probably prevent any further garment pinching.

So much to learn about mindless, excruciatingly violent, yet highly addictive revenge feuds :winking:

But I wouldn't get a party bag. :sad:

But I wouldn't get a party bag. :sad:

Well, to counter this problem & exert your full mental potential, you could bring your own party bag, filled with small flat hats. And once you've got guests' undivided attention, you can pause, look at them ominously, pull one of the hats from the bag, and start chewing it. And of course say, "I eat green berets for breakfast".

I dunno though. It's just a suggestion.

I changed my name to Leo Gemelli and cleared out half of Rosehills.

The police couldn't do a thing.

Paul, make the school aware, for a while at least, they should be able to make sure that kids have the right cardigans on. It's perfectly easy as they're lining up for whatever reason (assembly, play time etc) to just go along the line and check.

I very much doubt the other girl is being deliberately told to take your daughter's, plus you also need to get MK Jnr to keep a better eye on her ones - that is the MOST important thing!

Thank you Essex Highways once again for this mornings chaos. 50 yards of the outside lane of the A127 coned off and nobody to be seen or any explanation. An hour to do 9 miles.

Back