• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Twerps that have no idea of basic driving skills, in general & more particularly in today's light dusting of snow. How do they not realise that distances between cars need to be greater or that trying to pull away by revving and spinning the wheels is wrong rather than gentle clutch and second gear? Why, why, why?

Not being able to get the Christmas tree today because of the snow. Today has felt like a bit of a wasted day.

And the massive amount of snow sitting atop the tree in my back garden is starting to worry me. The tree is looking a little bit under pressure...

So, hubby has just left to get clients from a flight now due in at 12.30. It's foggy, it's been snowing....I hate this time of year.:sad:

Did he get there and back ok? I presumed the M25 was ok.
Yes, thanks, flight was over an hour late landing, they didn't believe him when he said about the snow as they didn't see any sign of it on the way back until back in Essex! Journey was fine in the end, and temperature was above freezing then too.

People wondering why, unlike Scandanavia & Switzerland, we don't have an army of snow ploughs to deal with the piddly bit of snow that we get. #youknowhoyouare :whistling:

It's peeing down with rain. What snow left will be gone by lunch time.

Reports from home (Hemel Hempstead) are that the heavy snow has just started again. Most main roads were fully clear as I made my way in this morning, but my street is still covered in about four inches of snow.

Reports from home (Hemel Hempstead) are that the heavy snow has just started again. Most main roads were fully clear as I made my way in this morning, but my street is still covered in about four inches of snow.

No new snow here but still a fair bit on the pavements. Mostly slush on the roads.

No new snow here but still a fair bit on the pavements. Mostly slush on the roads.

I've arrived at our Hammersmith office in wellies, which got a few giggles. They didn't realise how bad it was in Hertfordshire. They don't understand because they weren't there maaaaaan!

People wondering why, unlike Scandanavia & Switzerland, we don't have an army of snow ploughs to deal with the piddly bit of snow that we get. #youknowhoyouare :whistling:

If it makes it any more bearable, (probably not), the same sort of chaos ensues (and the subsequent moaning about it) here in Barna whenever it snows, (which fortunately is not that often).

A phone call from my ther half confirms this.

Just worked it out. I've got 11 years of weather data covering the entire GB (so "snowy Scotland" & the north), only 0.81% of those records show a snowfall of >1mm in any 3 hour span. Snowmageddon!

Drove my wife's car to work this morning to pick up my laptop and come home again. I can't use my car because I can't get it out of the driveway. Her's is a 4x4. I would have stayed at work, but she needed the car to take our eldest to hospital for a blood test. (School is shut.)

Anyway, I'm home. I log in and get a message saying the number of concurrent users has been exceeded, please try again later!

Back