• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sadly, I think and increase in both Council and Income Tax is not very far away.

We've lived in a low wage, low tax economy for decades. But you can't have stuff if you don't pay for it, and its worse if the things you want cost more than they should because you've sold them to privateers.

Privateers want profile, Service Providers provide a service.

I was looking forward to watching Fake or Fortune that I'd taped last night. Until BBC News this morning came out with the programme's outcome without any kind of spoiler alert. Muppets.....:Scared:

I went into Southend town centre yesterday, and was being driven by a friend. The problem we had wasn't the normal street beggars or charity muggers, it was parking. He had an appointment near the Spurs shop and we wanted less than an hour parking. The first thing was that the two places he normally parks in the street, they wanted you to join up and pay by card. He is an older person and doesn't do this sort of thing. He can't work a PC or complicated phone for example. A lot of the older generation that I help can't. He didn't want to join up anything. He just wanted to put coins in for one hours parking. So then we drove to a car park that accepted coins. and they had made it 2 hours minimum. 2 hours minimum? What a joke. I should think about a third of the people that drive into town just want an hours parking. He's already had problems with other car parks when he's put in the wrong car reg number that some of the new parking machines want, another thing the elderly are being fined for. No wonder people are being put off going into town.

Pensioners should get free parking in town/city centres I think, the state pension is poor and little gestures like this would go a long way. Pensioners get free travel on public transport so why not parking?

Pensioners should get free parking in town/city centres I think, the state pension is poor and little gestures like this would go a long way. Pensioners get free travel on public transport so why not parking?

Those baby-boomers are not short of a few quid. Perhaps make those over 60 pay double and let the single parent families have the free parking. :Winking::Fishing:

Got a really good quote from Smiths Glass to replace our guttering and soffits. The surveyor called yesterday to do the surveyor stuff and announced that we will need scaffolding at the
rear of the house to do the work. Bosh, another £450 on the bill.

Last edited:
Those baby-boomers are not short of a few quid. Perhaps make those over 60 pay double and let the single parent families have the free parking. :Winking::Fishing:
I'll bite. On the parking front you can just **** off.

Additionally, Southend Council no longer accept disabled blue cards that are not issued in the Borough. So in a seaside town disabled out of town blue carders now have to pay to park.

Last edited:
I'll bite. On the parking front you can just **** off.

Additionally, Southend Council no longer accept disabled blue cards that are not issued in the Borough. So in a seaside town disabled out of town blue carders now have to pay to park.

Have to say that is absolutely disgusting!! As much as it aggravates me that there are far more disabled bays than parent and child bays in all of southends car parks atleast let people who are entitled to that bay park there!!

Travelled from MK-Manchester-Leeds-Manchester-MK....delays and **** ups on every leg. The trains are **** aren't they? :Winking:

C2C and Network Rail. A 50 minute journey became 3hrs 30 because of their incompetence. One day of the week I was doing something in the evening in Southend too.

I went into Southend town centre yesterday, and was being driven by a friend. The problem we had wasn't the normal street beggars or charity muggers, it was parking. He had an appointment near the Spurs shop and we wanted less than an hour parking. The first thing was that the two places he normally parks in the street, they wanted you to join up and pay by card. He is an older person and doesn't do this sort of thing. He can't work a PC or complicated phone for example. A lot of the older generation that I help can't. He didn't want to join up anything. He just wanted to put coins in for one hours parking. So then we drove to a car park that accepted coins. and they had made it 2 hours minimum. 2 hours minimum? What a joke. I should think about a third of the people that drive into town just want an hours parking. He's already had problems with other car parks when he's put in the wrong car reg number that some of the new parking machines want, another thing the elderly are being fined for. No wonder people are being put off going into town.
Alas there is no free parking in the town anymore. Sainsbury’s is a £1 for an hour and the car park in Clarance Rd does 1 hr parking. If your going to be quick and you want to risk it then park behind the Dickens pub and remember traffic wardens have to give you 5 minutes before they write the ticket.
The only free parking in Southend which I know off is the Kursaal estate car park, alas not in the town but always useful for the beach.

I
Alas there is no free parking in the town anymore. Sainsbury’s is a £1 for an hour and the car park in Clarance Rd does 1 hr parking. If your going to be quick and you want to risk it then park behind the Dickens pub and remember traffic wardens have to give you 5 minutes before they write the ticket.
The only free parking in Southend which I know off is the Kursaal estate car park, alas not in the town but always useful for the beach.

Basically he just wanted to pay for just one hour with coins close to his appointment. Should be easy, but It was impossible. He wasn't expecting free parking. Sainsbury's is still free if you take your ticket in after, and spend more than a fiver, unless they changed that this week. I wouldn't advise anyone to park on the Kursaal estate. Cars are being broke into all the time, some have even been set alight.

The general A-Level pretty girls jumping photos in the media from The Mail to the Guardian. Such lazy journalism.

Oh shut up, if that's your girl in a few years you will be puffing your chest out like a pidgeon.

Well done on the kids getting the results, why would I have a problem with that? It's the shoddy journalism I'm having a go at. As far as I'm aware, you don't have to be a pretty white girl to take A-Levels, it's open to all.

Back