• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World book day. MK Jnr wanted to go as Hermoine Grainger despite never reading a Potter, so I go to my local Charidee bookstore where I can get a copy for £1. It's shut and have to fork out £8 for the first two books....which she won't read. Grrrr.

Parents who walk to school with their kids in buggies and they have a cigarette on the go. This should be punished as neglect! Why do you have to subject your child to your own dirty habit. It’s your choice if you want to kill yourself with it don’t the subject your children and others to it when it’s not needed. Why not wait until you’ve got them to school and are child free? Why not wait until you’re way from every other parent and child who doesn’t want to be subjected to it.

Inconsiderate arseholes!

Murder 24/7 a Murdering Somalian drug dealer gets basically off saved by a parasite soliciter payed by us tax payers so they can have a good standard of living getting scum off or lower sentences. Educated people with no morals, yes if you haven’t guessed I hate them

Plenty of Morals, I reckon, parity of justice for all, , Right to a fair trial, Guilt beyond reasonable doubt, all sound like good morals to me.

I watched it too, and it was a slapdash prosecution case which was hellbent on getting a murder charge when a fairly obvious and highly credible defence of self defence was always on the cards . If they had gone for manslaughter he may well have got some jail time .

Parents who walk to school with their kids in buggies and they have a cigarette on the go. This should be punished as neglect! Why do you have to subject your child to your own dirty habit. It’s your choice if you want to kill yourself with it don’t the subject your children and others to it when it’s not needed. Why not wait until you’ve got them to school and are child free? Why not wait until you’re way from every other parent and child who doesn’t want to be subjected to it.

Inconsiderate arseholes!

To be fair, the surrounding air is probably far from clean and contains any number of toxins especially if it's a busy route for traffic. I heard the other day on QI that a 10 minute journey on the Northern Line is the equivalent of smoking a fag.

No such thing as clean air unless you live in some remote part of Scandanavia.

Last edited:
To be fair, the surrounding air is probably far from clean and contains any number of toxins especially if it's a busy route for traffic. I heard the other day on QI that a 10 minute journey on the Nothern Line is the equivalent of smoking a fag.

That’s something that can only be stopped by people not driving to school/work. This is something that they have chosen to do.

That’s something that can only be stopped by people not driving to school/work. This is something that they have chosen to do.

It's highly debatable if second hand smoke (not in an enclosed area) is any worse for them than breathing in the air that's around them. However, I don't like it myself and hold my breath if I pass a smoker in the street.

It's highly debatable if second hand smoke (not in an enclosed area) is any worse for them than breathing in the air that's around them. However, I don't like it myself and hold my breath if I pass a smoker in the street.
I know that cigarette smoke triggers my asthma, I'm not sure if that proves anything in regards to the comparison of air quality, it may be something in the smoke that triggers asthma that is not actually bad for your lungs? For example, orange squash can trigger my asthma too and I'm pretty sure that isn't bad for my lungs

I know that cigarette smoke triggers my asthma, I'm not sure if that proves anything in regards to the comparison of air quality, it may be something in the smoke that triggers asthma that is not actually bad for your lungs? For example, orange squash can trigger my asthma too and I'm pretty sure that isn't bad for my lungs

Well it would be fatal if your lungs were full of it mate.

To be fair, the surrounding air is probably far from clean and contains any number of toxins especially if it's a busy route for traffic. I heard the other day on QI that a 10 minute journey on the Nothern Line is the equivalent of smoking a fag.

The car companies are the equivalent of tobacco companies. Both knew they were making people ill, yet carried on pushing their product.

I guess one has the small benefit of being useful in getting you from place to place.

And according to Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear a few years ago, the air that comes out of the exhaust of a new petrol car is now cleaner than the air that goes into it.

My astma has improved since I went back on the fags....largly because it was allergy related and my lungs appear to be a bit less sensitive with a Marlboro coat

Taxi and hire cars drivers! Where has their trainng gone to? Why fail to indicate, stop anywhere and believe hazard lights make it okay to block a road rather than pull into a space 5 yards on, while they then wait for a fare and honk their horn.
Aggressively pull half out of junctions as if they are emergency service on a, well, an emergency.
Knights of the road they aren't.

I had to use a taxi outside the rank at Grays station the other week. I had to pretty much give the cabbie directions the entire way, despite having a satnav. Aggressively honking at people for no reason and slagging everything off that came into his peripheral vison., Pretty sure he started mumbling something about how one day a real rain will come and wash all the scum from the streets etc.

I had to use a taxi outside the rank at Grays station the other week. I had to pretty much give the cabbie directions the entire way, despite having a satnav. Aggressively honking at people for no reason and slagging everything off that came into his peripheral vison., Pretty sure he started mumbling something about how one day a real rain will come and wash all the scum from the streets etc.

:ROFL:

Truth

Last weekend I had an Uber driver in Bristol ask me to spell "M Shed", as he didn't know where it was,
No only that , its one of the big attractions in the city and there are brown signs for it all over the place !!!

Last edited:
Last weekend I had an Uber driver in Bristol as me to spell "M Shed", as he didn't know where it was,
No only that , its one of the big attractions in the city and there are brown signs for it all over the place !!!

I had a similar experience in Birmingham when we played Coventry away this season. Phoned one of those random taxi numbers you get through google. I must've spent 5 minutes explaining that St Andrews Stadium was not a church and I did not need picking up from Villa Park. 'BIRMINGHAM CITY ****ING FOOTBALL CLUB' seemed to do the trick.

Inconsiderate arseholes!

So I'm outside Sainbury's Express Southchurch Road, opposite the Tesco petrol Garage. A car pulls up in front of me, facing me. A guy jumps out puffing on a cigarette. As I walk past, a woman in the front passenger seat is also smoking.......There were three kids in the back. It was cold, the windows were closed. WTF. I wonder how many a day, these poor kids are passively smoking.

Back