• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unbelievable.

Didn't even think that could be a thing. I saw the article on the BBC but only glanced at it and jut assumed it was animal testing in Indonesia etc Never in my though process could I imagine that people want to watch torture videos. Sick, just sick

Didn't even think that could be a thing. I saw the article on the BBC but only glanced at it and jut assumed it was animal testing in Indonesia etc Never in my though process could I imagine that people want to watch torture videos. Sick, just sick
Who knows what sort of things are online.

A mouse ( or something) has eaten some cables on my car (rear centre light and spoiler up/down so not vital). All I need to do is splice cables and fit new wiring however it looks like it might be an engine out job just to get to the cable- not happy.

Plus garage initially called me to say “ To do this properly-are you sitting down, actually go and lay down”. You can’t buy a section of the loom, the whole loom is £3600 plus vat, fitting will be at least £2000. Obviously won’t be going this route

The loss of the passengers in the Titan submersible.

I suspect this spells the end of space tourism as well in the medium term.

I am not a rich man but I would think twice about walking down Southen high street on a Saturday night.

What makes a billionaire get on a home made submarine?

Last edited:

I am not a rich man but I would think twice about walking down Southen high street on a Saturday night.

Some people have more money than sense. They should look into to buying basket case national league football teams

To get into an oversized pringles can, bolted in from the outside and then you see the steering device which is from a games console you need to do a very quick about turn out of there.

Sad for the loss of life. Was hoping for a minor miracle to locate them alive but not to be.

I doubt it, when the first plane crashed it didn't mean everyone stopped wanting to use airplanes until safety technology caught up, when people died trying to climb Everest it didn't deter others from trying. There will be enough mega-rich people willing to take the risk for the sake of saying they've been to space for it to still happen, the risk of dying probably even appeals to some of them if they're thrill-seekers.

I wouldn't even think once about Southend high street.

The loss of a handful of rich adventurers apparently more worthy of media coverage and resources to locate them than possibly 600 desperate people including more than 100 children drowning in the Med.
And other than just trying to get an reaction I doubt you really give a monkies about either.

The loss of a handful of rich adventurers apparently more worthy of media coverage and resources to locate them than possibly 600 desperate people including more than 100 children drowning in the Med.
I can see your point but I've seen very little sympathy from the media for either story, the media have a different angle for this. The continued coverage on Titan to me feels like it's being driven by schadenfreude rather than anyone caring that these people died, even with confirmation that they're dead (which would normally be when you'd get positive pieces about the victims and how tragic it is they died) the headlines are instead dominated by stories of how arrogance led to corners being cut.

And other than just trying to get an reaction I doubt you really give a monkies about either.
Anyone with an ounce of humanity would 'give a monkies (sic) ' as you so elegantly put it. I think I can guess the subtext of your comment but I won't waste any more time on it.

I can see your point but I've seen very little sympathy from the media for either story, the media have a different angle for this. The continued coverage on Titan to me feels like it's being driven by schadenfreude rather than anyone caring that these people died, even with confirmation that they're dead (which would normally be when you'd get positive pieces about the victims and how tragic it is they died) the headlines are instead dominated by stories of how arrogance led to corners being cut.
I wax really referring to the respective amount of coverage and expenditure of resources rather than the coverage content. I suppose the old cliche holds true that one death is a tragedy, 500 is a statistic.

To get into an oversized pringles can, bolted in from the outside and then you see the steering device which is from a games console you need to do a very quick about turn out of there.

Sad for the loss of life. Was hoping for a minor miracle to locate them alive but not to be.
It's now said that the hull was made of carbon fiber to keep costs down. The window at the front was acrylic. Lots of parts were off the shelf, rather than tried and tested very expensive ones. Carbon Fiber has not been tested enough at those types of depths. The pressure down there is 400 times according to an expert. The owners refused rigorous testing, obviously knew it would fail, and gambled. Carbon Fiber they said also weakens over time, but you can't see it with the naked eye. It wouldn't mean anything under normal pressure, but can be catastrophic under extreme pressures. The Titan obviously imploded on Sunday when signals were lost and an explosion was picked up at that precise time from other sources. Going over two miles deep into the sea in a submersible craft is not worth gambling with peoples lives, no matter how much each passenger pays. Apparently $250,000 per passenger in this case. It was profit over safety.

Back