• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Just booked a four nights in Sorrento for the end of August. We're not telling the boys. It'll be a surprise for them when we wake them up extremely early one morning.

Our youngest is desperate to go to Italy and eat Pizza and Pasta for every meal, so given how bad the summer has been so far we thought we'd get some hot weather, and treat the boys at the same time.

Just booked a four nights in Sorrento for the end of August. We're not telling the boys. It'll be a surprise for them when we wake them up extremely early one morning.

Our youngest is desperate to go to Italy and eat Pizza and Pasta for every meal, so given how bad the summer has been so far we thought we'd get some hot weather, and treat the boys at the same time.

my youngest is the same, desperate to go to Italy for the spag bol. Sorrento's on our list - let us know what it's like.

car had to go to the menders because the radiator broke. thought it was gonna be £400+, just been told it will be under£200. Yeah, put the gruel away for another month or two:smile:

my youngest is the same, desperate to go to Italy for the spag bol. Sorrento's on our list - let us know what it's like.

Will do, although I've been told it's not that kid friendly because it's very hilly and difficult to walk anywhere. The hotel has a pool, and lays on shuttle buses to get you into town so hopefully it'll be good fun.

We're also going to take the boys to Pompeii and Vesuvius, but will do those early morning so that it's not too hot, and so we can be back by the pool for most of the day.

Will do, although I've been told it's not that kid friendly because it's very hilly and difficult to walk anywhere. The hotel has a pool, and lays on shuttle buses to get you into town so hopefully it'll be good fun.

We're also going to take the boys to Pompeii and Vesuvius, but will do those early morning so that it's not too hot, and so we can be back by the pool for most of the day.

sounds good.

Renting a VW California camper for a weekend break at the end of the month.

Not cheap but the kids have wanted to do it for ages and we are going to surprise them.

Be good to hear what you think of it LB, as I've booked to go to Sorrento for a week next May. My hubby wants to do Pompeii, Vesuvius etc and I want to vist Positano and the Amalfi coast.

Sorrento is easily walkable - a few hills but nothing major. Vesuvius is an easy enough hike, but oddly I found Pompeii quite boring. Absolutely gorgeous part of the world - though be warned it is massively expensive. And stay away from Naples - it's an absolute dump.

Agree with MK, Naples is not v nice. Go on the boat to Capri if you can, and do the chair lift, stunning views, a very pretty little isalnd to walk around. Pompei is ok but found Herculaneum more interesting and much quieter. The hike to Vesuvius is definitely worth it, especially on a nice day. Sorrento itself has some lovely bars and restaurants and some amazing ice cream places.

Cheers for the advice people. Pompeii is a must for us as my eldest has just read a book about it. I want him to see it for himself. He also doesn't like heat, hence us going early morning. We certainly won't be hiking Vesuvius with him either! We have found a 4x4 3 hour drive up Vesuvius. Apparently it's 3 hours from and to Sorrento, so that may well suit our needs.

Sorrento is easily walkable - a few hills but nothing major. Vesuvius is an easy enough hike, but oddly I found Pompeii quite boring. Absolutely gorgeous part of the world - though be warned it is massively expensive. And stay away from Naples - it's an absolute dump.

The view of the bay is wonderful.Watch your wallet though.

Agree with MK, Naples is not v nice. Go on the boat to Capri if you can, and do the chair lift, stunning views, a very pretty little isalnd to walk around. Pompei is ok but found Herculaneum more interesting and much quieter. The hike to Vesuvius is definitely worth it, especially on a nice day. Sorrento itself has some lovely bars and restaurants and some amazing ice cream places.

Capri is certainly worth it.Agree about Sorrento.Pricey though.

Just had a massive life-affirming dump on company time and now feel very sprightly as I attack my day.

Just in the process of reading one of Guy Martins (the motorbike racer) autobiographies.
There's a bit in it where he has an argument with his best mate about what is better: Sex, or a good cr*p when you are busting for one.

Guy chose a good poo.
I'd go with the former, however it can be a very fine line sometimes...:smile:

Wait until he has some ice creams and cakes, he won't want just the pizza and pasta.

Is Tangled the most despised poster since FM13? Is Tangled FM13?

Theresa May has a tough act to follow as my impression is that Cameron pre-Brexit was liked by many who may not have liked his party policies. She has started well though by getting rid of Osborne and in a stroke of genius appointing Boris as foreign secretary :smile:

Getting quarterly bonus plus joining the local Lions charity.

On top of the new dog, wife's business (now with TWO staff), eldest in China, youngest doing solo singing at school, and everything else...

oh yeah,and just booked 2 weeks in Florida next October - kids were so excited.

Good stuff, I've been persuaded back into an internet based one - Centennial.

Just had a massive life-affirming dump on company time and now feel very sprightly as I attack my day.

Not that I want to continue this discussion for too long, but I always find my workouts (cardio in particular, and my 10k runs specifically) are much better if I've had a clear-out beforehand.

Back