• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

My kids just didn't get on with Cubs. It just doesn't look as much fun as it was when I was young.

I feel for the volunteers who give up their time, endure background checks etc. to make this happen.

Southend beat Bayern Munich (possibly, it's a bit hazy) 2-1 in the Champions League semi final in my dream....sadly the away trip didn't end too well at we went down 25-22 (IIRC).

Back from a lovely three day break up in Yorkshire, stayed in three very different and beautiful places and fulfilled a long held ambition to stay at Tommy Banks' pub, The Black Swan, and sample his incredible food.

Nicely chilled and have the rest of the week off work too.

Jolly nice day out at the national Space Centre in Leicester. Quite empty thanks to the good weather.

My son lives in Leicester ,every time I pass the sign for it I wonder is it worth a visit ,is it ?

My son lives in Leicester ,every time I pass the sign for it I wonder is it worth a visit ,is it ?

Definitely. Great for young 'uns (lots of buttons to press) and the not so young. There's a huge early rocket (Thor) there & a Soyuz craft. All very impressive.

Made a cutting barb about the quality of MK Jnr's dreams this morning (ie, they're quite dull) at the breakfast table without thinking, and rather than go off into a sulk, she laughed like i'd told the funniest joke ever. Good girl. :thumbsup:

Works annual cricket game at Essex county cricket ground on Thursday, weather looks good for it and a good group of guys playing. 4 day week and one of those days I'm getting paid to play cricket :smile:

The most incredible weekend. Friday - some amazing medical news. Saturday - Dad's retirement/birthday at great Southend restaurant. Yesterday, Dymchurch beach.

New addition to the family, born safely this morning. Welcome to the world baby Elliot (cue ET jokes).

And it's highly unlikely he'll be a Shrimper as his granddad is a massive QPR fan.

New addition to the family, born safely this morning. Welcome to the world baby Elliot (cue ET jokes).

And it's highly unlikely he'll be a Shrimper as his granddad is a massive QPR fan.

Get in there first and get him some SUFC baby grows. Think the club have a sale on some of the babywear at the moment.

Congratulations on your new family addition.

Get in there first and get him some SUFC baby grows. Think the club have a sale on some of the babywear at the moment.

Congratulations on your new family addition.

Haha, not "my" side of the family, so I think I'll let this one pass. :smile: At least it's not a big Premier League team or MK Dons....though I to be fair I have no idea who the dad supports (if anyone).

My sunday club (I retired a couple of seasons ago) Priory sports winning the Pope & Smith premier league cup last night after winning the Essex premier cup 10 days ago and the reserves winning the division one league cup on Sunday. 1st team have the Coward Cup final on sunday and are sitting top of the premier league going for a quadruple and the reserves are going for a double sitting at the top of div 1. 18 of us off to Benidorm next month would be great to be celebrating 6 trophies.

I had beetroot burgers for dinner. You'd think this would be in the "hacking you off" thread but they were absolutely gorgeous.

I had beetroot burgers for dinner. You'd think this would be in the "hacking you off" thread but they were absolutely gorgeous.

I love beetroot, think I might give these a try. Any specific brand or are they just store brand variety?

deets of the beets please - where from and what brand?

Just said to MK on Faceache, he'd have loved the crapaudine beetroot we had the other weekend, Tommy Banks' signature dish - it really was bloomin' lovely, though possibly, soaking it in beef fat for 5 hours might make it no good for you! :winking:

Back