• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Beautiful. Next stop, parent&child parking spaces!:smile:

I was picking up my wife and kids a couple of weeks ago and parked in a parent & child space before heading off to fetch them, figuring I wouldn't be long and that I do have two child seats in the back. Felt so conspicuous getting out of the car though!

I was picking up my wife and kids a couple of weeks ago and parked in a parent & child space before heading off to fetch them, figuring I wouldn't be long and that I do have two child seats in the back. Felt so conspicuous getting out of the car though!

haha that's fair enough, and why I'd never challenge it. However I can count on two hands the amount of times I've managed to get a space. They're abused so much and it's annoying when you've got a child to get out and a pram to use. I'd happily have them at the back of the supermarket to remove the 'abuse' by many (as long as there were zebra crossings to get through the car park). I don't think there's much need to have them right at the entrance.

It must be really tricky with twins.

haha that's fair enough, and why I'd never challenge it. However I can count on two hands the amount of times I've managed to get a space. They're abused so much and it's annoying when you've got a child to get out and a pram to use. I'd happily have them at the back of the supermarket to remove the 'abuse' by many (as long as there were zebra crossings to get through the car park). I don't think there's much need to have them right at the entrance.

It must be really tricky with twins.

Focus should be on parent and SMALL child(ren) as well. It is a bit comical when a parent parks in one and out bundles some lolloping great 14 year old!

But now we are getting on to things that hack us off. So, back on topic, a really good, thought provoking, busy day at the office.

Focus should be on parent and SMALL child(ren) as well. It is a bit comical when a parent parks in one and out bundles some lolloping great 14 year old!

But now we are getting on to things that hack us off. So, back on topic, a really good, thought provoking, busy day at the office.

Yep agree to both points!

Got some really talented and ambitious new starters at work which is good after appointing and finally getting rid of some deadwood. Work is pretty good at the moment, actually. First teaching next week so hopefully the students are good as well!

Yep agree to both points!

Got some really talented and ambitious new starters at work which is good after appointing and finally getting rid of some deadwood. Work is pretty good at the moment, actually. First teaching next week so hopefully the students are good as well!

*makes a mental note to check the "What is Hacking You off" thread next Friday*

:winking:

Work this morning involved standing out in the fresh air watching some greyhounds run. Lovely stuff.

It's Friday, and I've received the children's book from an Australian relative that he's had published, and for which I've been waiting for several weeks.

Chap from Hong Kong is leaving us today and he's introduced me to mooncake which is lovely! :thumbsup:

Gave a few quid to a homeless chap outside South Quay station and I literally thought he was going to hug me. Amazing that something so small to me made such a huge difference to him. Made me feel pretty bloody good for the rest of the day :thumbsup:

Off to Egypt tomorrow. Although my excitement is tempered by how ill I still feel.

I have been advised not to dive by my doctor, but I told him I'd take my stuff with and see how I feel. He seemed ok with that...

Academic friend came to visit today, took a few of us out for lunch on expenses. Nice surprise.

Took two of my boys to the pictures the other day,this in it self did not make me happy because I had to watch ninja turtles with my youngest but the fact my 16 year old brought a fit young lady along and he went to another film and had a kiss and even held hands made me very very happy.
Now he has asked her out and the texts are flying,very very happy.

Took two of my boys to the pictures the other day,this in it self did not make me happy because I had to watch ninja turtles with my youngest but the fact my 16 year old brought a fit young lady along and he went to another film and had a kiss and even held hands made me very very happy.
Now he has asked her out and the texts are flying,very very happy.

Right, so he kissed and held hands with her BEFORE asking her out?

Kids do things different these days, wasnt like that back in the day when we were courting I can tell you.

Right, so he kissed and held hands with her BEFORE asking her out?

Kids do things different these days, wasnt like that back in the day when we were courting I can tell you.

No not at all she kissed him and the hand holding was a bit fumbled by the sounds of it but seeing as he is a lovely lovely lad and very shy I was very pleased for him. As was he and still is,things don't change much but lust always stays the same.

Back