• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Yes, my mum did the Ritz, The Palace, and Franks bingo. She preferred The Palace because the prize money was the biggest because of the large attendance. So just getting a line, she was well happy. A full house was happy days for her. As for the machines, I never played the one arm bandits, only the skill machines and pushers of the 60s and early 70s. Like I said, I honestly did well. It payed for so many things. I had a games room in our house, with all the games of the time, plus scaletrix, Subbuteo, mini snooker, etc. Then all the clothes and shoes of the time. My mates kept asking where am I getting the money from. I kept telling them the seafront. I ended up proving it to a few of them, Lol. Once they replaced the skill machines with one arm bandits and later push button fruit machines, that was the end of that. As for smoking, thankfully, I never took it up.
Glad you're a non-smoker (like me).I've seen recenly what happens to people who smoke at the end of their lives and it's not nice.

Glad you're a non-smoker (like me).I've seen recenly what happens to people who smoke at the end of their lives and it's not nice.
Yes, been there with my dad. He had later stage emphysema when he sadly passed through the strong Woodbines. He survived the second world war volunteering as a young man. He was strong and fit, so put into the Royal Marines, being parachuted into France with bullets whizzing by him on his descent to the ground. He survived that battle, as the Germans were waiting. He survived Dunkirk. He survived the rescue journey on a small boat as a couple of other boats around him were sunk. He came back from the war to be a steel erector, as he had no fear of heights. He survived a nasty fall from height. But he could not survive Cigarettes and the damage they did. He went from being strong, fit and healthy, to half his weight, and very ill. Non stop coughing day and night. It was horrendous, and heart breaking for all of us. So for me, no thank you, to smoking.

Yes, been there with my dad. He had later stage emphysema when he sadly passed through the strong Woodbines. He survived the second world war volunteering as a young man. He was strong and fit, so put into the Royal Marines, being parachuted into France with bullets whizzing by him on his descent to the ground. He survived that battle, as the Germans were waiting. He survived Dunkirk. He survived the rescue journey on a small boat as a couple of other boats around him were sunk. He came back from the war to be a steel erector, as he had no fear of heights. He survived a nasty fall from height. But he could not survive Cigarettes and the damage they did. He went from being strong, fit and healthy, to half his weight, and very ill. Non stop coughing day and night. It was horrendous, and heart breaking for all of us. So for me, no thank you, to smoking.
Snap.Neither of our parents lived long enough to draw their old age pensions.

Anglia Water have announced that there won't be a hosepipe ban this summer. Really??

And with all the rainfall we've had in the last year, i'd be amazed if anyone would have thought otherwise?.
Problem is, no new reservoirs have been made since 92, & it's estimated our population has grown by 11 million since then?. Include the many thousands of houses built since then, all connected to existing water pipes etc & it's hardly a surprise water levels plummet if we have a hot, dry summer?.
Of course, the biggest waste is from the countless water mains bursting yearly, which must account for many millions of gallons wasted?.

And with all the rainfall we've had in the last year, i'd be amazed if anyone would have thought otherwise?.
Problem is, no new reservoirs have been made since 92, & it's estimated our population has grown by 11 million since then?. Include the many thousands of houses built since then, all connected to existing water pipes etc & it's hardly a surprise water levels plummet if we have a hot, dry summer?.
Of course, the biggest waste is from the countless water mains bursting yearly, which must account for many millions of gallons wasted?.
Whilst no new ones may have been built in this region Abberton reservoir increased capacity by 58% in works last 4 years, concluding in 2016.

Most of the water we use comes from river sources. Much of this water is imported from outside the region through a river transfer system that supports the low yield Essex rivers. We also have a small supply from boreholes in East London that draw water from the underground rock aquifers.

But yes. The biggest waste by far is millions of gallons a day leaking from the pipe network.

Whilst no new ones may have been built in this region Abberton reservoir increased capacity by 58% in works last 4 years, concluding in 2016.

Most of the water we use comes from river sources. Much of this water is imported from outside the region through a river transfer system that supports the low yield Essex rivers. We also have a small supply from boreholes in East London that draw water from the underground rock aquifers.

But yes. The biggest waste by far is millions of gallons a day leaking from the pipe network.
Takes me back to my Geography GCSE days😁👍

Had my yearly car ( Toyota Yaris ) service today at same car mechanics i've used for last 17 years in Southend, no problems & cost £185. As i'm a long standing loyal customer, i still pay with cash, which saves on the VAT.
So with that saving i ventured to nearby Waitrose & stocked up on a hefty chunk of salmon, 2 smoked trout fillets, 2 packs of large king prawns & Scottish smoked salmon slices, all of them on offer!. Happy days & me sorted for the next few days.

Maybe a better option is to get Mrs. RHB to bring you a toasted bacon sarnie & cup of tea in bed at 9am?.
I'm being victimised here just because I'm at a mature point in my life and I've not been very well. This is definitely an ageist attack. She'd better not forget the Daddies Sauce :Winking:

Back