• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

james_c

First XI
whats happened to the north bank ? I can understand when teams bring big attendances but against morecombe what a joke why sell season tickets there if never gonna open it?

SUFC do not want a shared North Stand, it caused more trouble than it was worth last season. There might be 1 or 2 that want to open it but they are outnumbered. We will have to content ourselves with the West.

SUFC do not want a shared North Stand, it caused more trouble than it was worth last season. There might be 1 or 2 that want to open it but they are outnumbered. We will have to content ourselves with the West.

Then what was the point in selling north bank season tickets and tickets for that game in the north bank as well?!

Unfortunately some of "the youth" of the North Bank spent more time goading away supporters rather than supporting the team....causing unneccessary (chk sp), aggro for the stewards.

Maybe TrueBlue could shed some informed light on this subject?

Against sides like Morecambe we should have the North Bank!! the blues voice should stay in the west. Hopefully keeping the idiot youngsters that goaded away fans in the west. Letting people like myself enjoy the North Bank

Was looking forward to the north bank on Saturday. I am not so keen of being in the west.
I like the fact that I can sit or stand where I like in the north.

What Would be better is if in the west they made block v and w un-allocated seating so you could just turn and sit where you want. I know block W already does this but it does get a bit tight in there. Even what about going over the wall into block X and making that block all unallocated seating, even making block X the blue voice section being that it is larger than W.
just a thought.

Snr.

For what its worth, i sit in the East Yellows and the atmosphere generated in the West is much better than in the North Bank, the group are closer together and less spread out, thus the collective noise is greater. As someone said, being in the north bank last season hardly helped us win many!!!

Was looking forward to the north bank on Saturday. I am not so keen of being in the west.
I like the fact that I can sit or stand where I like in the north.

What Would be better is if in the west they made block v and w un-allocated seating so you could just turn and sit where you want. I know block W already does this but it does get a bit tight in there. Even what about going over the wall into block X and making that block all unallocated seating, even making block X the blue voice section being that it is larger than W.
just a thought.

Snr.

This. Block W is just too small, each game there are big crowds of people stood at the back of the stand - often blocking the exit - and sometimes in the gangways. Unallocated seating only works if there's enough of it.

True blue care to shed some more light I'm quite annoyed by it tbh . Selling a ticket then having to cram into the west

I'll be making my first appearance of the season over in the West on Friday (normally south upper). Hopefully the atmosphere will be decent.

True blue care to shed some more light I'm quite annoyed by it tbh . Selling a ticket then having to cram into the west

Having us in the North was costing the club money coupled with the fact many have been happy so far with being in W block it was decided to remain there for now.

However currently looking at tinkering with the setup with regards to the west, problem is you can't please everybody!

It was costing more to provide extra security because some would not behave themselves, the club are happy to have us in the west, but it would appear some fans are not.
It is without doubt that the best stand for acoustics is now going to be for the sole use of away support for the duration of our stay at the Hall, however long that may be:sad:

If we cant have the north bank, then to me the next best thing would be to
say,

make block X a singing section with unallocated seating, it is larger than block W, but still in the west stand, and far enough away from the away surportors as to not cause any problems.
Block X is boarded both sides by a small brick walls, thus making it a clear defind area for those who like to make a bit more noise.

Snr.

I cannot recall ever sitting in there, any idea on what the view is like?

This could be a compromise that the club would accept, that is IF those in block W are prepared to move. It would also still be close enough to encourage the rest i the West to join in.

Back