• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would not stand up in front of the people behind me,it's selfish and damn right bloody rude,and why would i want to say sorry to the moron blocking my right of view(see all stadium rules).

Well does it hurt to stand up and try and make a bit of an atmosphere?
Don't get me wrong i like to see the boys play football, but if there was no atmosphere week in week out, the experience of football would be lost

Well does it hurt to stand up and try and make a bit of an atmosphere?
Don't get me wrong i like to see the boys play football, but if there was no atmosphere week in week out, the experience of football would be lost

I want a great atmosphere every time i'm there,and i can't see why this can't be acheived when sitting,i don't make the rules,the laws to be do,and when they say we can stand in nominated areas i will in there with you guys.
In the meantime i just want a good view.

although i see what this thread is about but can you blame some people for having a moan. we havn't played well in months. lack funds and need players desperately. i can't stand these people who expect everyone to sit there with a massive smile on their face week in week out with no effort performances. welcome to the real world.

THere's a huge difference between having the odd understandable and justified moan (we've all done it). But their outlook was (to give you and example) as Barrett was making a superbly timed sliding tackle, they'd be saying 'there you go, Barrett fouling again' before they've even waited to see what the outcome of the tackle is. He made a perfect tackle that time, and me, my brother and mates all turned round and told them 'but he made the tackle, shut up!'

I return to my original point - I don't understand why people go if they're that negative about the team. If anyone can relate to this mindset then please do fill me in because, like I said, all it seems to do is spoil my afternoon. Moving doesn't solve it - we had cracking seats almost behind the goal (or as near as possible) so I'm not going to move.

West Stand was a caricature, not a fact. Though of course it wouldn't surprise me if they are from the West.

Morons, sit or stand anywhere. It doesn't matter what stand they sit in for home games. I for one have a terrible habit of jumping out of my seat and claimimg a throw, corner or any decision come to think of it. I don't do this to annoy people it's just a force of habit and I believe it comes from standing as a youngster.
It would seriously upset me if people fail to understand that is my way of supporting my team. I saw one fan at MK sitting down and cheering the second goal. Have a laugh.

Morons, sit or stand anywhere. It doesn't matter what stand they sit in for home games. I for one have a terrible habit of jumping out of my seat and claimimg a throw, corner or any decision come to think of it. I don't do this to annoy people it's just a force of habit and I believe it comes from standing as a youngster.
It would seriously upset me if people fail to understand that is my way of supporting my team. I saw one fan at MK sitting down and cheering the second goal. Have a laugh.

I know exactly what you mean, it's as if the momentum propels you into an upright position - I do the same, particularly if it's a goalbound shot!

Don't we all OBL,but i'm talking about persistant standing in front of other fans,it's simply wrong.

I agree, sometimes though when you're up and they miss, you kind of want to stay stood.......just in case! Not the same thing I know, but still get hauled down again by whichever of my family I'm sitting next to!

Back