• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I agree the defence looks good as a unit and doesn't need much change. It's the attack that needs improvement. Corr has done well in a low scoring forward line, which surprised me. I still have concerns about his fitness over a full season with his injury problems. No-one can doubt his effort and commitment but with fitness issues and moving up a league I'm not convinced he will be the main man for goals next season. I think Brown will be signing at least two new 'strikers' before the season starts.

I'll come out with a alcohol induced one though. I can see Corr struggling in L1. Love him to bits and he has saved our bacon more times than I care to mention, but he is looking tired. Hope it's just down to long season, but I'm not so sure. Think L1 might be a bridge to far for him, sadly.

if we can get someone to share the burden with Corr and two decent poacher options that's probably the best use of what money we have. i think we're short of cover at full back aside from using Leonard there but given that White and Coker don't miss many games that might be somewhere we can look at promoting youth or getting loans in.

trying to be realistic we need probably three strikers as per above: one to share the load with Corr and two more quick and mobile types. given budget constraints maybe keeping the squad together as is then adding those is the best way to go

The players to be released, i'd go for Clifford, Jason Williams & Barnard

Close.....Clifford, Ibenfeldt & Barnard, today's Echo. I'm a little surprised on Mads, I thought he would be given another shot given the length of his injury down time.

Quote from PB:

"I can't afford to throw away all the qualities Adam Barrett has and what he brings to this football club" And he has hinted Barrett could be offered a coaching role at Roots Hall - All in today's Echo. Cocko off soon??

Quote from PB:

"I can't afford to throw away all the qualities Adam Barrett has and what he brings to this football club" And he has hinted Barrett could be offered a coaching role at Roots Hall - All in today's Echo. Cocko off soon??

Might be with the academy and not the first team.

Quote from PB:

Plus the Penney affair to consider.

Interesting times .... not sure how much holiday Phil Brown is going to get over the summer.

I'll put that one down to either alcohol or hard drugs. Really? He has so much potential and can offer the team so much I want him signed now or locked in a steel box to stop anyone else signing him.

I'll come out with a alcohol induced one though. I can see Corr struggling in L1. Love him to bits and he has saved our bacon more times than I care to mention, but he is looking tired. Hope it's just down to long season, but I'm not so sure. Think L1 might be a bridge to far for him, sadly.

Just to confirm my "like" for this post is due to the :pig: comments, not those on Corr. I believe BBBC will cope fine in L1.

Plus the Penney affair to consider.

Interesting times .... not sure how much holiday Phil Brown is going to get over the summer.

That is a very good point, Rattus Norvegicus. Ron Martin puts a very big emphasis on professional discipline and I have a feeling that he was pretty upset that Dave Penney put himself in a position where he could be arrested after the Wembley victory.

Just to confirm my "like" for this post is due to the :pig: comments, not those on Corr. I believe BBBC will cope fine in L1.

I hope you're right about Corr. It will be good to consider this again, say in Feb/Mar and if he's playing regularly and scoring I'll hold my hands up.

I honestly think Corr will leave,ok league 2 forward but never the lone forward,Barry will probably demand a two year deal and I cannot see Ron giving that.League 1 will be a bridge too far for Bazza Imo.

Right again ,how many times now:smile:

Back