• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who do you hate the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Goodness me - I don't hate any team. Without the other teams in the country, football wouldn't be so strong and competitive. Can't we have a more positive subject to discuss? :thumbdown:

Goodness me - I don't hate any team. Without the other teams in the country, football wouldn't be so strong and competitive. Can't we have a more positive subject to discuss? :thumbdown:

No one is saying we should be without other teams,just don't find some of them to our taste,in other words their ******s.

At least offer an "other" category.. how can you not have Alder**** on that list? Hate them more than I hate changing the duvet..

Not sure why Crystal Palace,Exeter or Liverpool have been included in this as personally would not see them as rivals or clubs that that we went for have had a bad experience against other than one real thrashing at Selhurst Park a few years back.

Several other contenders but for me it came down to a choice of Colchester for obvious reasons and West Ham as several of
their fans that live locally and that I work with just irritate me. Ultimately went for Col U as really they are more our historical rivals.

West Ham, as a child growing up in the 70's and 80's every other child appeared to be a West Ham supporter. Playing football in the playground you had to pick a West Ham player and pretend to be him. Growing up it was West Ham replica tops long before the bandwagon teams of Chelsea, Manchester Utd and to some extend Arsenal.
My dad use to take my brother and I to watch other teams, and West Ham was one of these teams, and no matter what I couldn't or wouldn't get excited over a visit to Upton Park, whereas a trip to Portman Rd or White Hart Lane would be a far better day out regardless of the opposition (would like to point out, my dad took up to Roots Hall more than any other ground).

Then we had the West Ham club shop opposite Southend Central which was a kick in the face for us Southend supporters and while I would be trudging up Victoria Avenue to watch the blues, West Ham supporters would be buying their replica shirts and other merchandise before getting on the train to watch the Spammers.
Even today there is nothing worst than picking up in my taxi Spammers supporters after they have watched their team win live on Sunday TV, with them going on about 'their team' while being driven back to Leigh, although offering a reduce rate to drop them off west of the M25 where they should live at least brightens up the journey.

All of them except Southend couldn't give a monkeys about the others unless it means gaining from a victory/draw.

I don't get the West Ham hate, maybe because I'm from a West Ham family but we never play them competitively and they actually like us. Col U for me 100%

Only team I truly HATE is Chelsea. Sold their soul to buy success at any cost by becoming a foreign billionaire's play thing. I detest everything about them.

other than that I have an irrational dislike (based purely on jealousy) of any club I consider to be no bigger than us who have managed to maintain a higher league position over the past 20 years or so, I.e Tranmere, Brentford, Barnsley, Reading (comes close to Chelsea in the hate-stakes) and that lot up the road.

ironically I quite like Swansea & Wigan who could be included in the above list. God knows why.

Back