• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Who goes??

Oxley, Seaden
Bwomono, Ralph, Clifford
Hobson, Lennon, White, Kyprianou, Taylor, MMN
Dieng, Demetriou, Hutchinson, Gard, Phillips
Green, Egbri, Kinali
Akinola, Kelman, Goodship

That’s 22 and doesn’t include Rush, Acquah, Callum Taylor, Klass who have all appeared for the first team

So who have I missed?

Oxley, Seaden
Bwomono, Ralph, Clifford
Green, Egbri, Kinali

That’s 22 and doesn’t include Rush, Acquah, Callum Taylor, Klass who have all appeared for the first team

So who have I missed?
This is where I get confused. Why would them 4 not be included? Klass aside who didn't actually play for us last season. Apologies if missed already

Acquah, Klass and Howard aren’t counted in the 23 are they?

I reckon Kyprianou might be in the crosshairs. Has struggled with injuries, in a position where we have depth, and probably on a higher contract than most of the youngsters.
Acqah and Klass have played in league games so if they are attached to the club I reckon they would, not sure of Howard has played a league game

Oxley, Seaden
Bwomono, Ralph, Clifford
Green, Egbri, Kinali

So who have I missed?

If the Under 21s don’t count in the squad count then Seaden, Taylor, Egbri, Kinali, Kelman and Rush don’t count.

If the Under 21s don’t count in the squad count then Seaden, Taylor, Egbri, Kinali, Kelman and Rush don’t count.
Anyone who has played a league game, that is on a professional contract, counts I believe, so Rush for sure, depends on the status o& Klass and Acqah I guess as neither seems to be around

Anyone who has played a league game, that is on a professional contract, counts I believe, so Rush for sure, depends on the status o& Klass and Acqah I guess as neither seems to be around
I reckon Klass has been told that as soon as a squad place is released he will be registered. Think that's what MM was getting at in on his comments last week that Klass was still in his plans. Now he is being passed over in place of registering new signings potentially, which is the right thing to do for the club but must be very frustrating.

Even if we did insure them, I don't you could make a claim on "injury prone"!!! Suspect it would have to be a specific injury that rules them out for a certain period of time
Absolutely correct, but players have negotiated pay offs previously through insurance injuries and walked away. I think they then have to repay the insurance company the claim if they ever want to play professionally again

If it’s Oxley, elvis and Charlie that won’t be a massive help. It *should* be argued that these are senior players or are of a higher standard than some of the others.
The problem we have is that some of the squad, at this stage in their career, are not even at conference level (cue Oxley jokes). Some of them will never be good enough for league football. We need to be honest with ourselves. Academies are pleased if they bring in one player a year who will make it. We are expecting 5 or 10 from a couple of year groups. It’s not happening. IMO, we need to find the weakest of this group or the least likely to develop and find them homes elsewhere.

I reckon Klass has been told that as soon as a squad place is released he will be registered. Think that's what MM was getting at in on his comments last week that Klass was still in his plans. Now he is being passed over in place of registering new signings potentially, which is the right thing to do for the club but must be very frustrating.

I think you are correct there.
He cannot be registered at the present time due to us being allowed 23
It really is a very sorry situation

Back