• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who is currently out of contract?

Shrimp in a Kilt

Can some kind soul remind me?

And am I the only one who is getting a little twitchy with four players gone, one rumoured to be flaunting himself in Scotland, the only two renewed contracts from the two players who probably stand little chance of a better deal elswhere, and absolutely no signings? With RM confidently sent out with a shopping list of 6 players to start with, I would have hoped to see some "Gurning while signing" pictures by now!

Oo.gif
wow.gif
down.gif

I stand to be corrected, but I believe the below were, or are, out of contract:

Hunt
Prior
Gower
Maher
Gray
Pettefer
Smith (signed 1 year deal
biggrin.gif
)
Bradbury
Bentley (signed for Gillingham
sad.gif
)
Jupp (signed for Gillingham
sad.gif
)
JCR (has he signed yet?)

I too am getting twitchy. I was hoping we'd re-sign the lot to give us a squad of 15/16, and just as importantly, to keep the team spirit together, and then sign 4 or 5 quality additions to give us the depth of squad we need.

It now looks as though we'll need to sign 8 or 9 quality new players which I just can't see happnening
sad.gif

... which leaves the following as the currently contracted players:

Flahavan
Wilson
Barrett
Sodje
Cole
Gutts
Smith
Lawson
Freddy

Oh dear .... don't panic!!!!
laugh.gif

Didn't Petts re-sign?

We've been worrying about the wrong thing. There is me scared that our team will have no manager, when in fact I should be scared that our manager will have no team...

ghostface.gif

Dont worry about it son we will find some players after all a move to the champions of league 1 isnt so bad ?
biggrin.gif

There's no need to panic yet, it's not even June!

Yes, it's a shame that a few fringe players have left / retired, but we can surely find some others of equal quality in the upcoming weeks.

Let's start to panic if we're in this position come late July...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ May 25 2006,20:55)]There's no need to panic yet, it's not even June!

Yes, it's a shame that a few fringe players have left / retired, but we can surely find some others of equal quality in the upcoming weeks.

Let's start to panic if we're in this position come late July...
Can we panic next week then?

Back