• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
Phil may go before the season ends.
If not (in my opinion) he will go at the end of this season.
So who would you fancy as the next boss.
It has to be a realistic target.

My vote goes to John Still.

If we could get him of course.

If it is before the end of the season then it has to be someone already at the club, so I would go for Barratt and Duncan and see how they get on.

I think Ron Martin likes to go for someone with a track record. I think the Brentford guy, Warburton, would be good but I think he will have few offers

If we get promoted I would imagine we could attract a better class of manager.
Also I don't think Brown will go before the end of the season and miss the chance to lead southend out at Wembley.
His ego would not allow for that. He may come to an understanding with Pompey that he starts there next season though.
Ron will now look to sign him on a long contract so he can get some compo. out of it.

If we are looking at a trio or doubleton of managers, can I ask why people are over looking Coughlan ?

I think Ron Martin likes to go for someone with a track record. I think the Brentford guy, Warburton, would be good but I think he will have few offers

Championship clubs are said to have already approached him. He's a top manager, and he'll be looking far ahead of us I should've thought.

I'd like to see us at least try and persuade Neil Redfearn if he jacks it in at Leeds. Used to dealing with - shall we say, troublesome? - chairmen and has done an excellent job of marrying the youth development and senior programmes at Leeds, something which would be highly sought after here. Our desire to imminently attain Cat2 EPPP status might endear ourselves to him, but I suspect, much like Warburton, he won't be without offers should he decide he's had enough of that northern circus.

Martin likes a manager with a profile. I'd love for us to go for someone as progressive as Redfearn, but we'll end up with some jovial, soundbite generating tit like Martin Allen or Holloway, and we'll repeat our current cycle for another two/three seasons.

Lee Bradbury. If PB goes to Portsmouth, where Bradbury had been previously overlooked, then Lee could do the job for us. Doing a nice job with The Hawks at the moment.

Back