• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Depends what you term as abuse, all pro's should able to take and ignore it. Cantona should have been banned for life
when he lost it.

I thought cantona was fantastic when he kung fu'd that Palace fan.
I have always thought players and managers should give back as good as they get.
I hate the whingers who complain about that. I have given out abuse on a rugular basis to both home and away players. some times they react and I would have respect for them if they did. Roy mc was always up for a bit of verbals and even getting stuck in if he had to. I think in his book he also admired Cantona for his actions.

The Sun says Terry Alderton asked phil to sit with him in a Box for the last 10 minutes , I bet they good laugh about it

Ok,PB stands there, this idiot gives him verbal for the best part of the game. We score the winner late on, he turns round to guy and more or less, says up yours, what is wrong with that. One law for the fan, another for PB.

Apparently, according to PB on Talksport this morning, when we scored he turned and made a zipped lips gesture to the fan who wasn't even there anymore. The 4th Official took massive offence to this and asked the referee to send Phil to the stand. Not much different to what players do when they score. Mountain out of a molehill if you ask me.

Apparently, according to PB on Talksport this morning, when we scored he turned and made a zipped lips gesture to the fan who wasn't even there anymore. The 4th Official took massive offence to this and asked the referee to send Phil to the stand. Not much different to what players do when they score. Mountain out of a molehill if you ask me.

If that's the case, then a complete over the top reaction from the ref, when you see what prem managers get up to on the touchline.

If that's the case, then a complete over the top reaction from the ref, when you see what prem managers get up to on the touchline.

To be fair the ref only acted on the say so of the petty fourth official, who had PBs card marked from the start. The technical area stops well short of the pitch at Oxford. Question is there a set rule or guide lines for this?. PB only ever crossed the front line to get closer to the pitch. Certainly never went into their area, and only smiled and complied with said p.... of a fourth official.

Depends what you term as abuse, all pro's should able to take and ignore it. Cantona should have been banned for life
when he lost it.

Cantona over re-acted ...... just as you have done.

Rather than force him to sit with the abusive home fans , why isnt he allowed to stroll round the pitch and sit with the Southend fans ??

If he had done so , can you imagine what a hero's welcome he would have got as Bazza scored the winner. He could have led the singing of "Phil Browns barmy army " + a small gesture like this would endear him to the fans so much it would possibly raise him up to legend status.

Rather than force him to sit with the abusive home fans , why isnt he allowed to stroll round the pitch and sit with the Southend fans ??

If he had done so , can you imagine what a hero's welcome he would have got as Bazza scored the winner. He could have led the singing of "Phil Browns barmy army " + a small gesture like this would endear him to the fans so much it would possibly raise him up to legend status.

Steady on mate...long way to go for that to happen.

Anyone listening to TalkSport (Hawksbee and Jacobs) this afternoon, around 1430? I caught last couple of minutes of an interview with Terry Alderton in which he was talking about the Phil Brown incident with the fans. Alderton said something about Oxford being seriously poor, and wished that the EastEnders "doof-doofer" could have been played as Brown got sent to the stands.

ya that's what I got told whats wrong with doing that

I've yet to ever see any manager operating in the Prem, Championship or Football league that gets sent to the stands get any form of sympathy or remission from the footballing Authorities. Once the decision has been made that is the end of it. It isn't or won't be any different for Phil. It doesn't make it right morally in the eyes of the fans, but hey, tough luck. Time to take the hit and move on I think.

Back