• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

billy best was god

Youth Team
Could not believe before the match when the pitch was given a real soaking on what was already a muddy surface. who made this decision the manager or groundstaff? The players could clearly not stand up or run without slipping over.

Agreed, I assume there must be a reason somewhere but to me it just seemed to make the pitch very slippery and as on other occasions our players strugled more than the opposition to keep our feet. Very strange

Conditions like this mean the pitch would be rock solid and dry.

Pitch looked hard and bobbly! We tried to moisten it up! That's what she said!

pitch was definitely dry for some reason, we watered it to try and slicken it up, didn't work though the ball seemed to bobble around a fair bit and play was disjointed....

Pitch seems to be a problem ,and is not helping our players passing .Have we given up trying to maintain a good surface like a few years ago

Alot of clubs do this and I have no idea why. I was at Manure V Everton a month or so back, it rained all through the first half, and then at half time they gave it another thorough soaking with the sprinklers. My hosts (Man U STH's) said they always do it and no one can work out why. Although to be fair, in their case the pitch is still in very good condition so there must be a theory in the madness. Maybe pitches nowadays drain so well they have to keep watering them to keep a certain level of moisture on the surface. Who knows..

Alot of clubs do this and I have no idea why. I was at Manure V Everton a month or so back, it rained all through the first half, and then at half time they gave it another thorough soaking with the sprinklers. My hosts (Man U STH's) said they always do it and no one can work out why. Although to be fair, in their case the pitch is still in very good condition so there must be a theory in the madness. Maybe pitches nowadays drain so well they have to keep watering them to keep a certain level of moisture on the surface. Who knows..

When you have a decent turf pitch, a good soaking with the sprinklers enhances the surface. When there is little grass, it just makes it slippery !

Back