• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will blues make the play-offs?

• Yes keep the faith

Votes: 75 54.0%
  • Nope we have blown it

Votes: 64 46.0%

• Total voters

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
With Plymouth gaining rapidly and blues quite literally in self destruct will we even make the play-offs?

Personally I think we will quite literally fall apart and if we don't win Saturday and Plymouth do we will be a point apart and they will have a game in hand.

Plymouth look one big massive threat and if they win their game in hand only 1 point separates us.They are flying whilst we are falling.

Yes because I cant see us staying in such bad form.

However at the moment its also hard to see how we swing it as there is too much going wrong.

Plymouth are indeed looking a threat so the pressure is going to be on.

I agree that results are not at all good at the moment but I think that we are still in the mix, especially for the play-offs. The weather is improving day by day and pitches are drying out. As they do, then playing surfaces will improve. We have shown this season that we play at our best when the pitch surface is firmer and the ball is suited to 'on the ground' football. I'm also comforted by the fact that teams currently in the play-off zone are inconsistent and at times are also self-destructing. Don't write us off yet, let's see what March brings in the way of results.

Still not given up on the auto's. Tough ask but the drying weather is in our favour. PB just needs to tweak a bit and learn from errors like three at the back for the first time and away from home. Leonard should have layed right back, laird in front of the 4 and give a chance to Gomis. PB was unlucky with injuries but in my judgement poor in dealing with them.

Very much in the balance as even after such a poor run of form if we turn it round we can still make it. Although I have voted with my head rather than heart as ultimately think we will sadly fall short again :sad:

Who knows, you've not been able to call anything this season.

We looked so burnt out last night which is a big worry.

Yes because I cant see us staying in such bad form.

However at the moment its also hard to see how we swing it as there is too much going wrong.

Plymouth are indeed looking a threat so the pressure is going to be on.

Have to agree with this, especially about the 'too much going wrong' part. We were good collectively and we have been poor collectivley and I dont think any individual player is going to make any difference but I'm hoping the threat of losing out on the play-offs will be the catalyst for a change in fortunes that only the players can bring about. If not, were buggered.

Stranger things have happened. Though we have to win at least 7 of our last 13 games....sadly we're toothless and have huge holes in defence.

thought it was newport we had to keep our eyes on and just when they've blown it up come plymouth. hold onto yer hats - squeeky bum time for the run in - BUT WE WILL DO IT

I think we'll still make the play-offs, largely because the other teams around us are dropping points too. I mean Fleetwood lost 4-0 AT HOME to Plymouth last night. This division is ridiculous at times. We just need a win to get our confidence back and as Jack Payne said, hopefully that could trigger a good run of form. Automatics I think are out of reach now as the top three are starting to pull away. We've got to play all the teams in 2nd-6th so it's still all to play for.

With new defenders drafted in ....then yes......if not, Nope

Dear Ron, as we are not under an embargo, please stick your hand in your pocket to revive the team

With new defenders drafted in ....then yes......if not, Nope

Dear Ron, as we are not under an embargo, please stick your hand in your pocket to revive the team

Nothing to do with Ron as we are able to sign players, PB just needs to get them in and hope they dont get injured on their debut.

We have certainly been very unlucky with our loan players coming in and getting injured,we will hopefully come into good form again and cement a top 7 finish,which i think would be a good achievement

Should have a better idea Saturday evening. We can evaluate who we've brought in and and we may have a win under our belts. If we can't beat Wycombe, it just starts to get more and more unlikely and you have to wonder where the next win is coming from.

Nothing to do with Ron as we are able to sign players, PB just needs to get them in and hope they dont get injured on their debut.
I seem to remember there was rather a long period of time when we were under an embargo. Would have been rather useful if we had been able to strengthen the bare bones of a squad that we had, rather than being restricted to, what was it, 20 players. OK........perhaps you could argue in some way that it's nothing to do with Ron but it certainly is to do with money...........or rather, lack of it.

we will just make it has the spring comes and our play will take us threw no problem

Back