• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wimbledon 2017

Very wise. Arson is a serious offence. :unsure:

My wife is production secretary for this show, so she drew up the rota. She double checked her rota to find I'm doing Saturday night, not the afternoon. What's better is that she's taking the boys to watch the show so I have the place to myself!

My eldest would probably prefer to watch the tennis so he may stay with me. But that all depends on Jo making it through.

My wife is production secretary for this show, so she drew up the rota. She double checked her rota to find I'm doing Saturday night, not the afternoon. What's better is that she's taking the boys to watch the show so I have the place to myself!

My eldest would probably prefer to watch the tennis so he may stay with me. But that all depends on Jo making it through.

Huge mountain to climb today for Jo. I amazed that Venus' legal woes over the car accident hasn't affected her game.

Huge mountain to climb today for Jo. I amazed that Venus' legal woes over the car accident hasn't affected her game.

Agreed, but I feel this is less of a mountain than the previous round. I guess a lot will depend on how she handles the situation, and how well she's recovered both mentally and physically from 2 days ago.

Just looking at the Australian top 10 women....3 of the top 10 were born and played for their birth countries until very recently (Russia & Croatia), so JK is hardly the exception to the rule.

I'm sure if Russian born Daria Gavrilova [Aussie No.1] (played for Russia until 2015), was in Jo Konta's position the Aussie contingent would be slapping on the yellow face paint and doing their delighful "Ozzie ozzie ozzie" chant...

Just looking at the Australian top 10 women....3 of the top 10 were born and played for their birth countries until very recently (Russia & Croatia), so JK is hardly the exception to the rule.

I'm sure if Russian born Daria Gavrilova [Aussie No.1] (played for Russia until 2015), was in Jo Konta's position the Aussie contingent would be slapping on the yellow face paint and doing their delighful "Ozzie ozzie ozzie" chant...

Not to mention Bernard Tomic, although he's actually a bit of an embarrassment, but that's a different story.

Not to mention Bernard Tomic, although he's actually a bit of an embarrassment, but that's a different story.

I read yesterday that the LTA were going to offer Djokovic British citizenship when he was a teenager, but decided not to. Oopsy. :smile:

This would be the perfect way for him to end his career with the High of winning Wimbledon again.

He wants to get 8 Wimbledon titles. He's currently the joint record holder on 7 with Sampras. I think that's the only achievable record left for him.

He wants to get 8 Wimbledon titles. He's currently the joint record holder on 7 with Sampras. I think that's the only achievable record left for him.

Not so...Arthur Gore was 41 when we won the Championship in 1909. :smile:

Muguruza vs Rybarikova.
51PRDbhzrML._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

On the verge of going out. Bit of a disappointing end to her Wimbledon to be honest, VW has been on another level.

On the verge of going out. Bit of a disappointing end to her Wimbledon to be honest, VW has been on another level.

A great platform from which to build though. Still plenty of tennis ahead of her and she'll surely be better for this experience.

Muguruza 4/5 fav for the final, Venus evens.

Back