• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FabuloustasticlymarvelliO signing.

Midfield creativity and the right areas of the team being strengthened.

Full-back cover being looked at and players talking about wanting to be here and excited by names that the club is after.

'Scuse me, the alarm has gone off on the fridge, so that end of week champagne moment has arrived....again, that's how encouraging this sogning is!!!! hic! :dim:. Now what's the name I'm drinking too, ohh yes Worthwords, welcome Tony enjoy being a Blue!

Any more of this and an eachway bet £25 is looking good, but soon before the odds shorten!!

Excellent signing, 12 assists and five goals in 19 games....holy poop great stats. 2 more forwards(pace please Mr brown) a full back, maybe a winger...job done

How many wingers do you want. We have four already and possibly five if McLaughlin signs,

Absolutely delighted with this signing. Huge credit to PB, he's been patient over the summer and is bringing in the quality needed to try to push this club forward and build on last years success. Big thumbs up. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well, I've been trawling through this thread and this is one of the only posts that actually provides an interesting debate about where he is going to play (along with YB).

I've thought about him in a 3 man midfield, but I think that slightly restricts him as you can see from his comments he wants to get in the box etc. As others have said, I really like the sound of him in a 4-2-3-1 and he can be the middle man of the '3' (along with Payne fighting for that position).

That for me would certainly be an attacking line up along with hopefully McCaughlin and Worrall on the wing and Mooney up top.

I for one am excited about next season after these 2 signings, have to applaud Brown for getting them done.

Anyway, Wordsworth is a good signing. Shows a signal of intent from Brown IMHO. We'd all be happy with consolidation next year, but even a flirt with the top 6 shouldn't be ruled out.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes I have seen him play and still don't rate him ur waxing lyrical about a signing id call average at best :thumbdown:

And he is back! If you have seen him play and u still think he is average I am very confused on what basis you judge players ability. U r more than entitled to your opinion, but u r the ONLY one on here that doesn't think Wordsworth is any good!

You have a decent link from front to back with 3 of your players because Mooney, Wordsworth and White all played for us at the same time so know each others style very well, add in the fact Coker and Bolger both played for us too and you have 5 ex Col U. That should add some spice to the Essex derby.

You have a decent link from front to back with 3 of your players because Mooney, Wordsworth and White all played for us at the same time so know each others style very well, add in the fact Coker and Bolger both played for us too and you have 5 ex Col U. That should add some spice to the Essex derby.

Yes, it's a worrying trend!!!

Which of those 5, if any, do you expect to get either a coating, or a warm reception from your fans?

10 pages for this thread, five of which are either trolling, or deleted posts! Who'd be a mod eh? Anyway welcome to AW and DM hope to see you both shine in a blue shirt.

Which of those 5, if any, do you expect to get either a coating, or a warm reception from your fans?
John White will be fine, Coker will be ok too, Bolger was only a loanee so the fans won't take much notice, Mooney got stick when he played for Orient, Wordsworth is the controversial one, he reacts to fan abuse in a style your old mate Duguid used to do, so he will be the one to watch!

Big fan of Wordsworth. Dare I say that he'll add the creative spark we've lacked since the minute Mark Gower left.

Big fan of Wordsworth. Dare I say that he'll add the creative spark we've lacked since the minute Mark Gower left.

To be fair, we did have quite a bit of creative flair when Ryan Hall was here. It was just off the field he was a nightmare! I hope you're right though.

John White will be fine, Coker will be ok too, Bolger was only a loanee so the fans won't take much notice, Mooney got stick when he played for Orient, Wordsworth is the controversial one, he reacts to fan abuse in a style your old mate Duguid used to do, so he will be the one to watch!

Good. Hope your lot give him immense amounts of stick & it fires him up to tear you apart :thumbsup:

Wordsworth could score more goals than Mooney who is not that prolific as a striker about a 1 goal every 4 games man on average look at their two records for us, admittedly Anthony was with us several years. Mooney 9 goals in 39 games roughly 1 in 4, Wordsworth 35 goals in 177 games about 1 in 5 but he was in a midfield role.

Back