• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wordsworth striving for new Blues deal

Played left midfield today and not very impressive imo. So many times did not support Coker when going forward left him isolated and stood and watched. Many people where I sit said he should have been subbed (and I agree).

For me he is a sick note and an injury waiting to happen. Not worthy of a new improved contract which he has stated that he wants imo.

I wouldn't expect us to offer him the deal he would be hoping for, given his injury record and work rate, so reckon he will move on.

I also lean towards keeping him also (for another year).

I think some people forget he was our 2nd highest top scorer last season with 12 goals to his name. As others have said, he's had a bad season with injury etc, but unless he takes the mickey with huge wage demands, at his best he will continue to be a key 1st team player & at the very worst he would be a useful asset in midfield as injury cover or substitution in a game next season. We could do a lot worse.

That being said, according to Manor15's squad contract thread, we have 13 midfielders on the books (I think we are a tad top heavy in that department), so surely somebody needs to go?...The Question is...Youth? or experience?

What kind of contract do you give someone who has only been available for a third of games while here....id offer an amount that reflects his availability to play over the years. Budget has to be managed well etc.

If we find any midfielders of Wordsworth abilities, they would be very expensive for us. So he is worth keeping:)

Back