• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Darts Championships 2024

His ability to hit treble 19’s when he blocked off the treble 20 was incredible.

What an exciting talent he really is and to beat RVB the guy he idolised is a dream come true.

Wherever he finishes he will be the star of the tournament.
The ability to consistently hit T19 during scoring is now an appreciated and important part of the game. Players even start on 19s when on certain scores in the 200s.

It's saved me multiple times this season at the local amateur level.

Even more important to keep hitting scores in the pro game where an opponent will have a minimum 3da of 85. Sticking on 20s and scoring steady 60s won't cut it.

The ability to consistently hit T19 during scoring is now an appreciated and important part of the game. Players even start on 19s when on certain scores in the 200s.

It's saved me multiple times this season at the local amateur level.

Even more important to keep hitting scores in the pro game where an opponent will have a minimum 3da of 85. Sticking on 20s and scoring steady 60s won't cut it.
I noticed Luke often chose treble 18 in the quarters.

I noticed Luke often chose treble 18 in the quarters.
I've actually set up for D18 with a 162 before.

As long as the maths works there's nothing wrong with using T20, T19, T18 and even sometimes T17. Pros are finding new routes all the time and I love watching them to pick up on their strategy.

Noticed many pros in the World Champs have been using 114 (2xT19) to set up on preferred doubles when faced with certain checkouts.

Last edited:
MVG was awful. Averaging 70s in some of those sets. I don’t think he will win the worlds again. He switches off in key moments. Phil Taylor greatest of all time I couldn’t see anyone beating his famous record of number of worlds. I hope Luke will though. Only 16 could over take the record when he reaches 40. I hope he wins.

MVG was awful. Averaging 70s in some of those sets. I don’t think he will win the worlds again. He switches off in key moments. Phil Taylor greatest of all time I couldn’t see anyone beating his famous record of number of worlds. I hope Luke will though. Only 16 could over take the record when he reaches 40. I hope he wins.
Good! I’m glad he’s out, never liked the guy and enjoy seeing him lose.

Looks like Luke Humphries is sailing through. With 3 majors in the last year and tonight’s other result he’s got to be favourite now. If Littler beats Cross what a final that could be.

I've actually set up for D18 with a 162 before.

As long as the maths works there's nothing wrong with using T20, T19, T18 and even sometimes T17. Pros are finding new routes all the time and I love watching them to pick up on their strategy.

Noticed many pros in the World Champs have been using 114 (2xT19) to set up on preferred doubles when faced with certain checkouts.
The one I've enjoyed this tournament is 19s on 211. Known the usual 265, 303 etc. for a while but hadn't picked up on that one before. 95 leaving 116 for more 19 action. Effectively players backing themselves to hit 2 T19s in 5 darts to leave tops (assuming they don't get 133/171 first time around).

Obviously MvG won't beat Taylor's record because the depth of darts is insane now. Littler won't get near it either for the same reason. It doesn't change that they are elite players.

Bold claim that MvG won't win another one. He isn't at his peak and hasn't been for a while but he's still amongst the best on the planet.

On paper it looks so straightforward for Luke Littler but is it really going to work out like that? It'll be fascinating to find out

Amazing. His toughest test, a couple of little wobbles, but ultimately superb performance

The lad has the world at his feet and spoke so well afterwards for a 16 year old
Let’s hope the media are kind to him and not setting him up for a fall

Back