• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worrall to leave Blues after rejecting contract offer

Big loss for us but no point in trying to keep a player if he don't want to be here, need a creative player just as good or better.

As long as he moves up North back home not got a problem. If he stays down south then I would presume its a case of they are paying more than you.

Another post based on nothing but pushing an agenda.

I liked Worrall a lot, one of the best pure wingers I can remember at the club. Good luck to him.

I'd settle for remotely objective.

I am one of the most positive, upbeat posters on here. I am also, I would argue, basing my current worries on the evidence that is widely available, and from what I have seen with my own eyes at Roots Hall. PB is not above criticism, and I think he has a track record for upsetting and alienating players (look how quickly BBBC jumped ship at the end of last season for just one example, let alone Prosser, Bolger, Worral...). What I don't understand is that every time I or others express these worries, we are criticised for being negative, un-objective, unfair - but our points are never ever addressed and rebutted.

I find the current situation slightly worrying. I was one of the members of the Zone who were not overly disappointed that we didn't make the play-offs because I felt that we needed to spend another year in League One with a strengthened squad that would be capable of both gaining promotion and holding its own in the Championship the following season. My vision was based around hanging on to our better players from the season just ended and augmenting the squad with additional players of similar quality. Sadly, what seems to be happening is that some of those better players that I saw as being those that I would have wanted to keep (Worrall, Payne, Bentley and, probably, Bolger) will no longer be with us. So, rather than having to recruit, say, four or five new players for our first-choice starting eleven plus substitutes, we are now looking at eight or nine, which makes the task of finding and attracting the players that we need doubly difficult.

I am one of the most positive, upbeat posters on here. I am also, I would argue, basing my current worries on the evidence that is widely available, and from what I have seen with my own eyes at Roots Hall. PB is not above criticism, and I think he has a track record for upsetting and alienating players (look how quickly BBBC jumped ship at the end of last season for just one example, let alone Prosser, Bolger, Worral...). What I don't understand is that every time I or others express these worries, we are criticised for being negative, un-objective, unfair - but our points are never ever addressed and rebutted.

You make it sound as if you are a persecuted minority, which I'm sure you didn't mean to. There will always be posters that disagree with your views, just as you do with others at times. That is what a public message board is about. As for never addressing your points, maybe they can't be, but other posters don't feel as strongly as you.

But you've zero evidence that Worrall leaving has anything to do with Phil Brown. Players leave clubs at the end of their contract. It isn't always down to some falling out with the manager. It is usually down to how much money has been offered.

And what is this about Barry Corr leaving because of Phil Brown? Where has that come from? Corr talked about not enjoying playing up front on his own, but he hadn't been playing up front on his own for six months at the point where he left and I'm sure he did enjoy the huge pay rise and three year contract that Cambridge were offering.

If Barry Corr will come back if Phil Brown leaves then consider me on that bandwagon, but I don't think he will because there's nothing to link his departure to a falling out with the manager.

Agree 100%

But you've zero evidence that Worrall leaving has anything to do with Phil Brown. Players leave clubs at the end of their contract. It isn't always down to some falling out with the manager. It is usually down to how much money has been offered.

And what is this about Barry Corr leaving because of Phil Brown? Where has that come from? Corr talked about not enjoying playing up front on his own, but he hadn't been playing up front on his own for six months at the point where he left and I'm sure he did enjoy the huge pay rise and three year contract that Cambridge were offering.

If Barry Corr will come back if Phil Brown leaves then consider me on that bandwagon, but I don't think he will because there's nothing to link his departure to a falling out with the manager.

They did fall out earlier in the season though, which resulted in DW not playing for some time, and he was less than happy being played at RB also. SO i would say that his relationship with PB is part of the reason, but probably not the whole reason

I find the current situation slightly worrying. I was one of the members of the Zone who were not overly disappointed that we didn't make the play-offs because I felt that we needed to spend another year in League One with a strengthened squad that would be capable of both gaining promotion and holding its own in the Championship the following season. My vision was based around hanging on to our better players from the season just ended and augmenting the squad with additional players of similar quality. Sadly, what seems to be happening is that some of those better players that I saw as being those that I would have wanted to keep (Worrall, Payne, Bentley and, probably, Bolger) will no longer be with us. So, rather than having to recruit, say, four or five new players for our first-choice starting eleven plus substitutes, we are now looking at eight or nine, which makes the task of finding and attracting the players that we need doubly difficult.

This is spot on, we are currently on the verge of losing some of our best players, yet currently none have come in. The fact that PB has offered Jason Williams a contract is equally worrying, ive seen nothing from the lad to suggest that he is anywhere good enough to be in this league, yet PB sees otherwise. Time will tell i guess. But this will be the first time for a long time that not only have we lost quite a few players, but the quality of those players. Its going to take some very good signings to replace the quality being lost

It's definitely a huge summer for the club. We need to replace a lot of quality if we're to avoid a struggle next season.

Apart from Brown's strange comments in the Echo about Worrall after the Bury game. I notice you ignore his falling out with Prosser and Bolger, again very public and not slow to criticise them. How about his public blaming of White after one game? I don't have a signed confession from PB, like everyone I have to consider the circumstantial evidence, and there is a lot of it to consider.

Also, the fact he can't persuade Bentley or Payne that their best interests are served by giving us another season I find worrying.

His tactics are mystifying, and again I don't think I'm being unobjective in criticising them. In the Chesterfield game, he started with some width (Worrall), and we looked threatening and were playing well. then Worrall was injured and despite having a winger on the bench PB went back to his usual narrow system, and we looked lost.

Finally, we have just had the worst EVER end to a season, and I am being asked to "consider the big picture" and accept a mid table finish as all we could have expected. Well I'm sorry, I find that an ostrich-like attitude. Taking 9 points from our last 13 games is pathetic, awful, and should have everyone very worried.

No surprise he will be going, he nearly went to Bury in January. Their charlatan of a chairman offered us around £10,000 if they got promoted. We rightly refused the p*** take of an offer.

Good luck to Dave he had some good games for us but not many this season. I witnessed Noel Hunt give him an almighty on pitch bolloking down at Swindon when he failed to cross the ball early a couple of times, when Hunt was completely unmarked.

Where ever he goes it might find it best not to report for duty unfit through drink. He will find your more likely not to be dropped or fall out with managers.

Back