• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In the past (cup games etc) I've liked sky's coveridge of us and lower league teams, but last night who the bloody hell was that bird? Was really poor watching, no comments, no analysis, like they both really couldn't be bothered to be there. The interview with white was poor aswell, like a time saving measure to interview two players at the same time instead of separately. I don't expect an hours preview and review but atleast a little effort would be nice.

Everything that's wrong with money in football through sky..

la liga games have 30-60 min previews where they sit in a darkened room with some Spanish wine and talk crap about a league that lets face it, unless it's the Madrid derby or El Classico nobody cares about!

Football league playoffs come and, despite being sponsored by skybet!, only get a five minute preview? It makes no sense to me, just 15 before the game that's all you need?

Thing is I dont care about the pre or post game either, so not surprising Sky don't put much effort in ☺

Yeah it was poor.

Natalie Sawyer is a bit of alright to look at but she didn't seem sure all night what the next word she said was going to be!

The man of the match interview was embarrassing for both as well.

I thought it was fine. That "bird" was Natalie Sawyer who's been a Sky Sports presenter for a number of years and a good one at that. What's the problem, Sky Sports are showing both our games live ?

I've never seen her presenting before so didn't know who she was. Can't say she was much good at her job either. Maybe in the SSNHQ studio she is good but out at a ground she seemed uninterested, didn't know quite what to say. There was no real analysis the answers to questions it was just dull and boring. I've watched playoffs past years on tv and the coveridge has been 10 times what it was last night.

Everything that's wrong with money in football through sky..

la liga games have 30-60 min previews where they sit in a darkened room with some Spanish wine and talk crap about a league that lets face it, unless it's the Madrid derby or El Classico nobody cares about!

Football league playoffs come and, despite being sponsored by skybet!, only get a five minute preview? It makes no sense to me, just 15 before the game that's all you need?

Why would anyone bar Stevenage and SUFC fans care about us? Maybe the odd Plymouth and Wycome might watch...but a build up? No point...we are ONLY SOUTHEND in league two...

Why would anyone bar Stevenage and SUFC fans care about us? Maybe the odd Plymouth and Wycome might watch...but a build up? No point...we are ONLY SOUTHEND in league two...

Don't forget, there were eight of our new Bury chums as well. Every little bit helps!!

I thought the two player interview was very disrespectful to our league as a whole they would never do that in the prem. And I do believe that Natalie Sawyer is the sister of Lee Sawyer.

I thought the two player interview was very disrespectful to our league as a whole they would never do that in the prem. And I do believe that Natalie Sawyer is the sister of Lee Sawyer.

You sure?

They were born in completely different places in the country 10 years apart.

I got a friend that is mate's with lee Sawyer brother and I'm pretty sure he said that their sister works for sky sports just saw name and put. Two and two together

Thing is I dont care about the pre or post game either, so not surprising Sky don't put much effort in ☺

I don't care about it either, but the reason I don't care about it is because I know it's going to be rubbish. If it was a sensible discussion that someone had put some thought into I might actually start taking it more seriously.

I don't care about it either, but the reason I don't care about it is because I know it's going to be rubbish. If it was a sensible discussion that someone had put some thought into I might actually start taking it more seriously.

I would turn off pretty quickly personally, but its an individual taste.

The bigger point though is that you might be interested because you support the team playing, and there just isn't enough demand for them to put that level of analysis into it.

To most people our games have as much interest as a Sunday Sceptre League game...

In the past (cup games etc) I've liked sky's coveridge of us and lower league teams, but last night who the bloody hell was that bird? Was really poor watching, no comments, no analysis, like they both really couldn't be bothered to be there. The interview with white was poor aswell, like a time saving measure to interview two players at the same time instead of separately. I don't expect an hours preview and review but atleast a little effort would be nice.

"That bird" is one of Sky Sports' longest serving presenters and a fan of a lower league club. Seems perfectly qualified to cover our game.

"That bird" is one of Sky Sports' longest serving presenters and a fan of a lower league club. Seems perfectly qualified to cover our game.

That lower league club who could be in the Prem next season?! :winking:

She has covered our games before I'm pretty sure she was there for the Burton game last season. She is a Charlton fan but let's face it when your told your presenting Stevenage vs Southend United it's hardly going to thrill her is it.

Look at the SSN coverage of last weekend Alan Mcinally was the live commentator at the globe arena and made it clear to Jeff Stelling that he wasn't exactly happy about it.

The coverage was poor but I didn't expect any less, my one and only gripe is that Sky sponsor the football league you would like to think they would take more of an interest.

She has covered our games before I'm pretty sure she was there for the Burton game last season. She is a Charlton fan but let's face it when your told your presenting Stevenage vs Southend United it's hardly going to thrill her is it.

Look at the SSN coverage of last weekend Alan Mcinally was the live commentator at the globe arena and made it clear to Jeff Stelling that he wasn't exactly happy about it.

The coverage was poor but I didn't expect any less, my one and only gripe is that Sky sponsor the football league you would like to think they would take more of an interest.

No she is not she is a Brentford fan and there was nothing wrong with last nights coverage - it was hardly Madrid v Barca was it - get over yourselves.

She's a Brentford fan

Back