• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
OK, since we've got a favourite XI (which is, invariably, a "best XI") let's have a "Worst XI"... and what would the score be in a match between the two sides?

Here's my Worst XI:

Prudhoe

Cross Morley Jordan Booty

Connelly Alderton Gooding Livett

Campbell Belgrave

Subs: Southall, Fitzpatrick, Roach, Richards, Marney

It was, really, only the full-backs I agonised over. "Boots" is unfortunate, since I think he was a half-decent right back. He was, however, a shambolic left back. Cross goes in there for promising so much, and delivering so little... and for not giving up the fags when it might have had a positive effect on his career.

Micky "Sideways" Gooding is a controversial pick too; but he goes in because I can't remember seeing too many truly awful centre midfielders turning out for us. He also goes in because he only ever seemed to run & pass sideways.

The rest of the side picks itself, although any one of the strikers could have "forced" their way into the side.

As for the scoreline - if this lot played my favourite XI, I reckon we'd be looking at 6-0 at least...

Jeez, we've had some dross turn out for us in the recent past at Roots Hall...

ghostface.gif

Matt

prudhoe

jupp
k dublin
whealan

conolly
thurgood
m black
tinkler (first season)
rawle (scum)

conlon
ricards

IN 1-4-4-2 formation....

Connelly

Connelly Connelly Connelly Connelly

Connelly Connelly Connelly Connelly

Connelly Connelly

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Feb. 12 2004,15:24)]IN 1-4-4-2 formation....

Connelly

Connelly        Connelly        Connelly          Connelly

Connelly        Connelly        Connelly          Connelly

Connelly      Connelly
I think I see a pattern emerging here.

Me and my dad put this one together, we think it is pretty tragic.

Eric Steele

Paul Roberts
Phil Whelan
Dave Morley
Christian Hyslop

Paul Byrne
Phil Gridelet
Stuart Thurgood
Roger Willis

Andy Rammell
Graeme Jones

Subs:
Mel Capleton
Joeren Boere
Francisco Cagigao( remember him???)
Barry Conlon
DerekPayne
Manager - d**k Bate and Steve Wignall
Can you get any worse than that??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ Feb. 27 2004,11:31)]Me and my dad put this one together, we think it is pretty tragic.

Eric Steele

Paul Roberts
Phil Whelan
Dave Morley
Christian Hyslop

Paul Byrne
Phil Gridelet
Stuart Thurgood
Roger Willis

Andy Rammell
Graeme Jones

Subs:
Mel Capleton
Joeren Boere
Francisco Cagigao( remember him???)
Barry Conlon
DerekPayne
Manager - d**k Bate and Steve Wignall
Can you get any worse than that??
Outrageous. Whelan one of the worst centre-backs? Bombhead one of the worst centre-mids? Paul Byrne one of the worst wingers?

I believe Thurgood to be the worst ever,he couldn't pass, tackle, shoot, completely useless, all he could do is run, cr*p!
Whelan is in there for his own goal at Orient last season. He once played in the premiership and was absolute rubbish for us so he deserves to be in there
Byrne was a waste of time and money and a lump of lard and he once overhit a pass into the East Stand from in front in the West Stand, garbage.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ Feb. 27 2004,12:25)]Whelan is in there for his own goal at Orient last season. He once played in the premiership and was absolute rubbish for us so he deserves to be in there
Whelan, for one own goal get's in the all time worst XI!

b******s!

I can think or far worse cenral defenders over the years!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 27 2004,13:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ Feb. 27 2004,12:25)]Whelan is in there for his own goal at Orient last season. He once played in the premiership and was absolute rubbish for us so he deserves to be in there
Whelan, for one own goal get's in the all time worst XI!

b******s!

I can think or far worse cenral defenders over the years!
And they would be?
rock.gif

A team for the older folk to remember:

John Keeley

Warren May
Steve Hatter
John Walker
Steve Collins

Gordon Connelly
Brian Ferguson
Peter Woods

Tony Richards
Richard Young
Greg Shepherd

Subs John O'Brien, Jackie Ferguson, Micky Welch, Ben Lewis, Owen Simpson

And we paid money for a few of them !

STARTING XI:
Emberson
Beard
Hyslop
McNally
Bressington
Gridelet
Houghton
Thurgood
Conlon
Campbell
Jenkins (that's gonna please you shrimperzoner's - lets face it, he's toilet - you're waisting your money on him)

SUBS:
Prudoe, Morely, Hails, Rammell, Regis

How can you have Jenkins in there, but not Livett or Connelly, surely two of the worst ever football players in existence?!

It rather devalues your argument, Alan.

Matt

Back