• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blue Army

Schoolboy
Have heard a rumour from a reasonably reliable person within the club that Mark Warren has been offered a contract, on more money, by Hornchurch.

He has stated he will consider other offers because of his family commitments, even though he wants to stay at Roots Hall. This must seem very attractive to him, less training and more money for a player who is coming towards the end of his career!!

Very worrying - though not 100% certain if this is true!

If we lose a player like Warren to Hornchurch it'll be like a slap in the face with a very big, very wet fish.

I can't see it, he maybe offered a better salary but I reckon that the promotion/win bonus at the hall would be a lot higher, plus who'd want to stop playing professional football before there time.

Well yes, in a way I'd think that a player would always opt to play league football, but it isn't as simple as that.

Warren is 30 now and the injuries, it seems, are becoming quite regular. This could shorten his league football career to another 2 or 3 years. Plus, he has both Leke AND Fullerton to look at as an example as to how suddenly your career can end. Two players, one team, same season. What a wake-up call!

With this in mind, and the fact that he has a family to think about, the money may sway him.

Bonus packages are all well and good, but better money up front is a known quantity.

If he does feel his career coming to a gradual end, he may also like the idea that playing for a non-pro team will allow him to adjust to life after football, and find a suitable career path in his own good time.

If the pay is good... he may take it.

the question is how much of a financial gain is there?would you want to play in front of 6-8 thousand people week in week out for maybe 2 or 3 more years or be happy just plodding along in front of 6-7 hundred?Surely there is more chance of playing at the major stadiums in england playing for the shrimpers.When did hornchurch last go to the milenium for a final?other than to watch.I would hope he makes the sensible decisison and sticks it out at the hall till he can no longer play at this level,that is of course unless the money is to good to turn down.

have heard that Warren has been offered contract by blues but it is less money than last season. I think he will leave sadly

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Army @ May 15 2004,12:37)]This must seem very attractive to him, less training and more money for a player who is coming towards the end of his career!!
IF he were to go to Hornchurch, he'd still be a full time player, so he wouldn't actually be doing any less training.

As long as we haven't offered him reduced terms, I can't see why Warren won't be here next season.

Would be a bloomin shame to not have Wozza here next year, as I've said before his passion is uncomparable in the squad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Army @ May 15 2004,12:37)]Have heard a rumour from a reasonably reliable person within the club that Mark Warren has been offered a contract, on more money, by Hornchurch.

He has stated he will consider other offers because of his family commitments, even though he wants to stay at Roots Hall. This must seem very attractive to him, less training and more money for a player who is coming towards the end of his career!!

Very worrying - though not 100% certain if this is true!
Wozza is vital to us. Although as I have said before I think Tilson will wait and see what happens with the defender that he is trying to bring in before offering Wozza a contract.

We simply can't afford a large squad and therefore if we were to offer him a new contract it is likely to be reduced wages as has been mentioned.

Is Danny Kerrigan at Hornchurch still?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 16 2004,17:18)]with the defender that he is trying to bring in before offering Wozza a contract.

Is Danny Kerrigan at Hornchurch still?
1) He's already been offered a deal though.

2) Yes he is, but he's just been slapped on the transfer list by Garry Hill, and it looks like he may well be replaced by a certain Damon Searle!

If Warren wants to go then let him!

We have Hunt and I feel sure there is another good young central defender out there!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 17 2004,10:07)]If Warren wants to go then let him!

We have Hunt and I feel sure there is another good young central defender out there!
Can't count our chickens before they hatch. We don't know if we'll have Hunt for sure... do we?

I think we need the likes of Hunt AND Warren. Yes, there must be others like Warren out there, but finding them, getting them and having them settle in the way he has is another matter.

mabye that is why gary hill was at the reserves when mark warren was playing when he had just got back from injury
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 17 2004,09:07)]If Warren wants to go then let him!

Make Hunt Captain - Coz he's class !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 17 2004,14:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ May 17 2004,13:10)]Make Hunt
*giggles*
Everyone use to laugh at Mike Hunt as well. Why? What's wrong with Mike Hunt? I use to look at pictures of Mike Hunt for hours on end, from every possible angle... but could never find anything funny about Mike Hunt?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 17 2004,13:27)]
[b said:
[b said:
*giggles*
Everyone use to laugh at Mike Hunt as well. Why? What's wrong with Mike Hunt? I use to look at pictures of Mike Hunt for hours on end, from every possible angle... but could never find anything funny about Mike Hunt?
Such CHILDISH humour is outside the terms of B.O.L.A.C.S

Steve1510 I am disappointed in your atitude here are very much question your tenure as B.O.L.A.C.S Chairman!

You get my vote of no confidence!
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 17 2004,13:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 17 2004,13:27)]
[b said:
[b said:
*giggles*
Such CHILDISH humour is outside the terms of B.O.L.A.C.S

Steve1510 I am disappointed in your atitude here are very much question your tenure as B.O.L.A.C.S Chairman!

You get my vote of no confidence!
rock.gif
I hang my head in shame.

Back