• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yesteryear At The Hall

The Big Shrimp

Zone Photographer
Wasn't it good seeing standing being allowed in the North Bank yesterday. How it took me back to when I stood there & watched all the lads jumping up & down in the Pak!!

Nearly every Ipswich fan in the there, stood for the whole match. Just remember that next time you are told to sit down!! Inconsistent me thinks!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Big Shrimp @ Oct. 22 2006,21:36)]Wasn't it good seeing standing being allowed in the North Bank yesterday. How it took me back to when I stood there & watched all the lads jumping up & down in the Pak!!

Nearly every Ipswich fan in the there, stood for the whole match. Just remember that next time you are told to sit down!! Inconsistent me thinks!  
tounge.gif
Agreed but unless more people make a fuss, thay wont do anything about it.

unclesam.gif

We had a few hundred at Burnley in a stand that held about 4,000 and they were all over anyone that was standing up, it's ridiculous!

The security didn't even seem to bother trying to get the Ipswich fans to sit down though and just let them get on with it, which is fine, but as usual they make a big fuss in the West.

I witnessed the tail end of a bit of ag last year, which I was informed meant the cancelling of the then security companies contract. Is that true???

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Big Shrimp @ Oct. 22 2006,22:36)]Wasn't it good seeing standing being allowed in the North Bank yesterday. How it took me back to when I stood there & watched all the lads jumping up & down in the Pak!!

tounge.gif
Jeez! Do we have to go through this AGAIN?! This comes up about every three months and it's still the same answer: the club is NOT responsible for the standing of away fans but will be heavily fined and even forced to close areas of the ground for persistent standing of home fans.

Shouldn't we put something as a 'sticky' to stop this being asked over-and-over-and-over?!

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 23 2006,08:25)]the club is NOT responsible for the standing of away fans but will be heavily fined and even forced to close areas of the ground for persistent standing of home fans.
Ah! Technically wrong Mike according to Mr Baker in writing last season in that we are responsible for the standing of away fans, but it's us standing at away games.

He spouted a load of facts at me about West Ham being called to task for not controlling their fans at an away game. So at the end of the day it's apparently our responsibility to control our fans at both home & away games & no-ones responsibility to control the other set of supporters, per Mr Baker!
rock.gif

Actually we may not have anyone controlling anything at the moment as in the programme the Stadium Managers post is filled by a "-".
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Oct. 23 2006,08:42)]Actually we may not have anyone controlling anything at the moment as in the programme the Stadium Managers post is filled by a "-".  
rock.gif
Could this be the vacancy left by Chris Baker the Leyton Orient Stadium Manager ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Oct. 23 2006,09:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 23 2006,08:25)]the club is NOT responsible for the standing of away fans but will be heavily fined and even forced to close areas of the ground for persistent standing of home fans.
Ah!  Technically wrong Mike according to Mr Baker in writing last season in that we are responsible for the standing of away fans, but it's us standing at away games.
Ah! I was just quoting what the FLA representative said to me a few weeks ago ... no wonder there's no consistency!!

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 23 2006,08:57)]Ah! I was just qouting what the FLA representative said to me a few weeks ago ... no wonder there's no consistency!!

laugh.gif
Quelle surprise!  See, my Spanish is improving all the time.  
biggrin.gif

I know people bring this up ad nauseum (my, I'm multi-lingual this morning) but it is that lack of consistency that hacks people off & why they hate it so much.  We get ****ed on at both our home games & when we're away, but when was the last time a set of away fans at Roots Hall were treated like we are at away games or a set of home fans treated like we are at Roots Hall games.  Until that happens people will continue to raise it.

According to (the possibly ex) Mr Baker, if Ipswich fans stand for the whole game at our place, then we should be hearing shortly that the FLA will be taking action against Ipswich.  But we know this won't happen!  
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Oct. 23 2006,09:13)]According to (the possibly ex) Mr Baker, if Ipswich fans stand for the whole game at our place, then we should be hearing shortly that the FLA will be taking action against Ipswich.  But we know this won't happen!  
wow.gif
Hooly , try reading my post.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Oct. 23 2006,09:18)]Hooly , try reading my post.    
tounge.gif
I did. But how do we know that "there's not 2 Chris Bakers, there's not 2 Chris Bakers" who both do a similar job?
tounge.gif

Anyway, if it is him. It's nice to see that he's gone back to non-league, where IMHO from my dealings with him he belonged!
biggrin.gif

Back