• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
What outcome so we want? York to win so we close the gap on burton or burton to win so we over take York. For me would rather York and us win to give us a better chance of getting in play offs

Tough decision & question.
What about a draw?
Our 8 draws in the winless run were marginally helpful, almost; however to me, mentally 8 draws/4 defeats felt better than 3 wins and 9 defeats but is, obviously a point worse.

Firstly, WHATEVER they do, WE have to win. After that logic surely points to a Burton victory or a draw. We're looking for a place in the top seven, overtaking York is the easiest task and could be achieved by either of the above results, this weekend. A York win, they are still ahead of us and we are still 5 points behind Burton with 6 to play.

Burton to win is best for us.
But if they lose and we win I really dont think they are uncatchable , especially as we have to play them at home.
Let's see.

Burton to win and go on to nick a top three place*

*It is possible that I am talking through my wallet here.

Doesn't matter. We want 3 points ourselves. No point worrying about the competition.

Does matter though, York win all their games and we cant catch them. We also have really tough games against Rochdale and Fleetwood, we cant expect to win all of ours so we need the 3 around us to drop points.

Burton to win suits us best for this one.

At first glance it looks like an obvious Burton win, But on closer inspection Its not so clear
Both sides have to play a lot of the top 10, so there are a lot of games where both teams cant get 6 points. Its entirely possible that Burton could end up in the top three, or out of the payoffs (unlikely outside I know)

On balance though I would prefer a Burton win . As has been said though, the most important result is three points for us tomorrow
York to play inside top 10-- Burton/Rochdale/Oxford/Scunthorpe
Burton to play inside top 10-York/Chesterfield Southend

Next Saturday is even more interesting

Burton/Plymouth
Chesterfield/ Newport
Oxford/ Fleetwood
Rochdale/ York
Newport Plynouth (monday)

Assuming it's 2 teams we are realistically trying to catch:A DRAW IS ALWAYS THE BEST RESULT-because 1 of the 3 points available is lost forever!

Does it matter, if we win our games. Either York or Oxford will slip up. Focus on getting our results. All we need is too focus on us and win.

Assuming it's 2 teams we are realistically trying to catch:A DRAW IS ALWAYS THE BEST RESULT-because 1 of the 3 points available is lost forever!

Your logic is correct IF we needed to catch and overtake both teams . We do not need to catch both and therfore your logic is incorrect

Does it matter, if we win our games. Either York or Oxford will slip up. Focus on getting our results. All we need is too focus on us and win.

Well it does matter if we need one to slip up.

We too will slip up, we have to play 3 of the top 4 in our remaining games, so we need them to slip up a few times.

Well it does matter if we need one to slip up.

We too will slip up, we have to play 3 of the top 4 in our remaining games, so we need them to slip up a few times.

If we win every game we will be in playoffs, as every team above us have to play one another. And we have to play them too. Oxford out of form and York have used their momentum early. And both will fall away. If we use our momentum then we will be in playoffs, simple as.

We won't slip up, i believe in the players and staff, showed good signs, were playing good football, 3 clean sheets on trot, lost 4 out of 14 games. On bright side, manipulate the stats and were doing very well.

If we win every game we will be in playoffs, as every team above us have to play one another. And we have to play them too. Oxford out of form and York have used their momentum early. And both will fall away. If we use our momentum then we will be in playoffs, simple as.

mathematically we could win every game left and still not go up.
If York win all of their games, and Oxfords only lose is to York --- it would then be on goal average between us and Oxford . But I agree the likely hood of this pattern of results would be very very slim

Oxford have to play York and Plymouth. Who knows what's going to happen. IF we win every single game I'll be happy.

Back