• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zak Brunt

It’s for his own best interest. He’s had a somewhat nomadic career to date, flitting from club to club. I’m sure there are good reasons for that but what he really needs is to show is that he can thrive over a sustained period working with the same people and continue to grow as a player. I think he can but demonstrating it on the pitch makes him a much more valuable asset and will mean the Sheff Utd hierarchy (as well as bigger clubs looking from the outside) will have that much more trust in him.
I stand by this post. He’s got the talent but at the age of 20 already has the CV of a journeyman.

If I was a chairman I’d be extremely reluctant to shell out a significant transfer fee for someone who’s on his 10th(?) club and has seemingly failed to settle anywhere.

That is the first time in a while I have been absolutely flabbergasted at a transfer move. Who on earth is his agent?

But having read Yorkshire's post above, there is clearly something not quite right in his profiling. Some people got slaughtered on here when they suggested it may well be a blessing in disguise when he got recalled and in return we got Harrison Neal.

Similar to the discourse around the Paul Pogba 'phenotype'. Fans love a fancy trick for the instagram but a data analyst/well educated coach will probably sniff out gaps on the pitch he leaves behind that contributes to teams chance percentage of winning a match.

Never quite understood the hype with Zak. He joined us when we were rubbish, had a little bit of sparkle, and as such quickly enjoyed a better reputation than perhaps he deserved. Both Neal and Lopata were far better players, and also far more what we needed. Not sure I really see Zak as a football league player, but hope he does well at Borehamwood and hope he proves me wrong.

Thought he was a good player for us - really stood out in a crap team. But I think you need to play a system that suits him, allowing him to focus on the attacking side of the game, which I'm not sure many teams have the luxury of doing. But if he can learn/do the tracking back/defending without harming his creative side then he should be looking for a EFL club

Thought he was a good player for us - really stood out in a crap team. But I think you need to play a system that suits him, allowing him to focus on the attacking side of the game, which I'm not sure many teams have the luxury of doing. But if he can learn/do the tracking back/defending without harming his creative side then he should be looking for a EFL club
Funnily whenever Burchnall played him at County, he was made to play in a holding role. To be fair to Zak, he would say it's not his natural game, though he didn't complain. He got stuck in and did what was asked. Even though, offensively his stats were better than most in a team that had decent attackers. When he came on against us at Roots Hall, he made 2-3 good blocks on the edge of his own box and played a part in the 3rd goal on the counter. Zak can get a tackle in certainly, but when you have a player that's composed on the ball, can play a killer ball and get shots in around the box .... what a waste to have him defending.

Has always reminded me of Scholes. A quality passer and finisher, will get stuck in when required but not natural in a defensive role. You want players with that natural balance ability using the ball, not chasing after it. Just don't tell him that comparison @Borat ... Jesus, he'll never shut up! Lol 🤣

Funnily whenever Burchnall played him at County, he was made to play in a holding role. To be fair to Zak, he would say it's not his natural game, though he didn't complain. He got stuck in and did what was asked. Even though, offensively his stats were better than most in a team that had decent attackers. When he came on against us at Roots Hall, he made 2-3 good blocks on the edge of his own box and played a part in the 3rd goal on the counter. Zak can get a tackle in certainly, but when you have a player that's composed on the ball, can play a killer ball and get shots in around the box .... what a waste to have him defending.

Has always reminded me of Scholes. A quality passer and finisher, will get stuck in when required but not natural in a defensive role. You want players with that natural balance ability using the ball, not chasing after it. Just don't tell him that comparison @Borat ... Jesus, he'll never shut up! Lol 🤣
Agree with that, well mostly lol

Gutted about this, if there's one club in our division I have an irrational dislike of, it's these lot! goes back to playing during covid and them not allowing our press in I think!

Would have loved to have him back!

Saw this and had to sign in to say……absolutely bang on! He was made assurances by their manager who then went back on everything he promised. That move has set Zak back but he’s learned some very valuable lessons. I believe he’ll now push on given a fair crack at Boreham. 🦐
Good luck to Zak.

In retrospect he should have stayed with us......different player to Neal so we would still have signed Neal (if we could afford it).

Without knowing who else the Wood have signed it would seem a good move. Before their cup runs and injuries they were a strong physical side with a great defence.

So a player considered a slight ‘luxury’ has a great opportunity in that team. We needed Miley not Brunt.

Anyway we will find out very soon. Without seeing Lomas I would choose both there CB ‘s ahead of ours.

You only have to look at the goals last night to know we have not addressed this. The loan option is now essential.

Back