• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Someone tweeted about the poor raffle, and you have to agree with him.

Did someone just bring their shopping with them?!?! :hilarious:

I mean, I like bleach and cleaning products and paper towels as much as the next man, but I'm not sure they would make me want to buy a ticket.

BtnMOkrIIAA6vkK.jpg:large

BtnMOm4IAAA20Vc.jpg:large

Did each item have a twenty pound note attached like in the machines down the seafront?

The pint of beer on the side was the most expensive item, rest looked like they come from the pound shop:'(

Embarrassing
blush%20new%20sept%202010.gif

Looks like somebody has donated their weekly allowance from a food bank.

Embarrassing
blush%20new%20sept%202010.gif

Looks like somebody has donated their weekly allowance from a food bank.

Looks more as if a lack of donations to the stall restricted it from being more appealing. Just don't, for goodness sake, blame April or you will have Tinks after you!

All raffle stuff aside and granted that it is dependant upon weather, but can I say what a great event all round.

I took my 2 and half year old daughter. Spent a couple of hours there, had a "selfie"(ie myself and my daughter) with Phil Brown. She enjoyed the "bouncing" area. She enjoyed an ice cream and me a beer. We stayed for 2 and half hours, didnt do a lot, but enjoyed just walking around nonetheless.

People bemoan that our club is being destroyed, but to be honest it still felt like my Club yesterday, regardless of the kit, the sponsor, the owner etc. It felt like the "Club" that I have supported since a 9 year old boy back in 1986 and hopefully the same for my daughter in a couple of years time !!

All raffle stuff aside and granted that it is dependant upon weather, but can I say what a great event all round.

I took my 2 and half year old daughter. Spent a couple of hours there, had a "selfie"(ie myself and my daughter) with Phil Brown. She enjoyed the "bouncing" area. She enjoyed an ice cream and me a beer. We stayed for 2 and half hours, didnt do a lot, but enjoyed just walking around nonetheless.

People bemoan that our club is being destroyed, but to be honest it still felt like my Club yesterday, regardless of the kit, the sponsor, the owner etc. It felt like the "Club" that I have supported since a 9 year old boy back in 1986 and hopefully the same for my daughter in a couple of years time !!

What a good , positive post.
Don't do too many though , people wont like it.

My sentiments too. A lot of people turned up and I didn't see anybody moaning about the lack of a new stadium, or the fact that the shirts have MD on them, or the fact that the home shirt has white on the back, or the fact that we are/aren't signing Fagan.

All I saw was a load of families with young kids having a nice summer's day out.

Indeed and yesterday was a great day again was probably not as good as the two previous I went to as not quite as many stalls.

Thats why I tried to publicise it a bit last week, its a good day out, doesn't cost anything and great chance to get up close with players without them taking out court injunctions. My kids had a great time and that always helps!

We were there from 11-3pm so to keep us there for 4 hours shows its a good day.

I concur. Had a great time. Watched some of the Under 14's game which had some decent talent on show, mainly Ipswich. Shook Keiron Dyer's hand. Had a pic with Andy Ansah. Watched some of the Legends game and seeing David Lee and Gower, made me realise I haven't put on as much weight as I thought. Had a burger and a can of drink with my son. Bumped into a few friends and had a chat. Nothing negative to say really, though the home shirt is a bit too white, it's growing on me

Back