• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If that really were the case, then you'd need to explain just why we haven't been forced to vacate Roots Hall at any time since 2007.

Forced to by whom? RM controls RH and that is the pot of gold which he intends to finance his dream development with. The question of the covenant will only be substantiated should either a) Ron goes belly up completely or b) RH is developed without a new stadium being built.

Bet Ronnieboy is laughing at the childish comments aimed at individuals and The Trust on this site,and posters wonder why he doesnot speak to the fans
Some people need to get a life and worry what's important, the club situation is out of our hands and making accusations at individual or groups will not change anything it just splits the support down the middle

Whether it's the Trust people dig at or Blue Voice either join and help out or stop sniping on the site

I agree there are certain individual people I would not like to be associated with as a Southend fan, but that's life and either ignore them and not comment and move on

A split fan base only strengthens Ronnies position

UTS

Bet Ronnieboy is laughing at the childish comments aimed at individuals and The Trust on this site,and posters wonder why he doesnot speak to the fans
Some people need to get a life and worry what's important, the club situation is out of our hands and making accusations at individual or groups will not change anything it just splits the support down the middle

Whether it's the Trust people dig at or Blue Voice either join and help out or stop sniping on the site

I agree there are certain individual people I would not like to be associated with as a Southend fan, but that's life and either ignore them and not comment and move on

A split fan base only strengthens Ronnies position

UTS

Hear hear. If you've got a problem with the Trust, take it up with them. If you have a problem with TBV, take it up with them. If you've got a problem with Ron, tough luck. But bickering on here won't get you anywhere.

Isn't Plan B to bring Barney on with 20 mins to go in the hope he will discover his old scoring boots ?

I doubt things have changed very much since you were part of the committee Scott, if you have direct questions, then you know who you need to talk to.

Does Plan B involve sawn offs and a visit to Barclays?

I doubt things have changed very much since you were part of the committee Scott, if you have direct questions, then you know who you need to talk to.

A committee member, AKA you? Wouldn't it be easier for the Trust committee to discuss this thread and make a clear statement about the fighting fund and its terms of reference.

The Trust does have contingency plans in place, which are continually updated in case the unthinkable happens, and it was agreed several years ago and publicised that all Trust funds would form part of the Fighting Fund if needed.

Personally, it sounds like there's nothing there and if the worst was to happen then the Trust wouldn't really be in any position to help. If that's not true (I genuinely hope it's not) then the Trust should be making this crystal clear.

As you all know my dislike for Ron is well documented, however i had an interesting conversation with someone close to the club recently and the basic facts are since Justin King left Sainsburys and the new Chief exec has come in, every outstanding project like this is being looked at and that's where the delay has occurred.

Now it may mean that ultimately Sainsburys do pull out or it may mean that they push on, However it would seem that we have been the victim of circumstance because by all accounts, everything was ready to move forward. I dont know how true that is but it seemed like a reasonable argument.

That may be the case, but had they moved ahead about 5 years ago, it wouldn't be an issue.

I still can't believe people want a new stadium. It will be three-sided with 18,000 empty seats - is that what you want, a white elephant?

How will it manage to be three sided with 18,000 empty seats when the three sides will only have about 14,000 seats in total? Are you suggesting we all take our own seats, plus about 4,000 extras?

What review? I've never heard about a review.

The review is just a rumour. It makes sense given the change in leadership and currently unexplained delay, however there's nothing concrete from Sainsbury's that planned stores are being delayed due to a review, and as far as I can see on the internet, new stores are being announced and built.

Back