• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 2015

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Lotus to switch to Mercedes engines. Which leaves 3 teams using Renault who surely must catch up a but.
Honda back with McLaren should be interesting.

You say three teams using the Renault engine... Do you think Caterham can afford to keep going next season?

On another note, I'm hoping that Kvyat going yo Red Bull to replace Vettel means that Vergne keeps his Toro Rosso seat

You say three teams using the Renault engine... Do you think Caterham can afford to keep going next season?

On another note, I'm hoping that Kvyat going yo Red Bull to replace Vettel means that Vergne keeps his Toro Rosso seat

Hope so. I would assume the new owners wouldn't have gone ahead if they didn't see some sort of future.

Jeff really drove with the bit between his teeth in SG but if he was doing that all season then Redbull would have promoted him and not Kyvat. Redbull will probably put a couple more youngsters off their conveyer belt into Torro Rosso for next season.

Button will be at McLaren again. Is it definite that Alonso will not drive a Ferrari?

Button will be at McLaren again. Is it definite that Alonso will not drive a Ferrari?

Didn't realise it was so certain about Button, David Coulthard was very tight lipped about JB's personal situation and general happiness at the weekend.

Seems weird that Alonso could miss out but Massa and Raikkonnen (massive under-achievers for more than a year) will have a seat. Don't get me wrong, I like Massa and Raikkonnen, but they are living off past glories.

I understand (from Sky Sports) that Alonso has had the final 2 years on his contract torn up but it's not been confirmed by Ferrari.

It appears the only definites are red bull, Mercedes and Williams.
I'm going to have a look later and make a bold prediction based on internet rumors. Maybe you do the same and see how close we are.

Just having this little spat with a ferrari fan on twitter. Some fans are so unbelievably deluded.

15wgcoo.png

Here goes:

Red Bull Riciardo Kvyat
Mercedes Lewis Rosberg
Ferrari Raikennan Vettel
Lotus Maldanado Grosjean
McLaren Button Alonso
Force India Perez Hulkenberg
Sauber Guitierrez
Toro Rosso Verstappen
Williams Massa Bottas
Marussia Chilton
Caterham Van der Garde
Forza Rossa ?????????????????

Caterham and Sauber will both be looking for drivers who bring sponsorship. Carlos Sainz Jnr is being tipped to get a drive at Toro Rosso or Caterham, or maybe Marussia depending on Bianchis condition but they could also be looking at Petrov who I thought was unlucky to miss out this year.

Here goes:

Red Bull Riciardo Kvyat
Mercedes Lewis Rosberg
Ferrari Raikennan Vettel
Lotus Maldanado Grosjean
McLaren Button Alonso
Force India Perez Hulkenberg
Sauber Guitierrez
Toro Rosso Verstappen
Williams Massa Bottas
Marussia Chilton
Caterham Van der Garde
Forza Rossa ?????????????????

Caterham and Sauber will both be looking for drivers who bring sponsorship. Carlos Sainz Jnr is being tipped to get a drive at Toro Rosso or Caterham, or maybe Marussia depending on Bianchis condition but they could also be looking at Petrov who I thought was unlucky to miss out this year.

Are these all "confirmed" for next season?

No, random speculation on my part.
Although:

Red Bull - Both confirmed
Mercedes -Both under contract. There is a slight chance Rosberg will be dumped for Alonso but unlikely.
Ferrari - Definitely Vettel. I'm not sure Kimi will stay after this season. At one stage after reading Alonso interview I thought he may be staying but Montezemolo has confirmed Alonso is definitely leaving.
Lotus; Both of these bring sponsorship money. Maldonado is definite and they like Grosjean so expect him to stay.
McLaren: Nothing confirmed. Both out of contract but Button has easily out performed Magnussen this year. My doubt is with Alonso. Montezemolo also said Alonso cant wait around for a good car and given that its new ground for Honda they might need some time to become competitive.
Force India - both under contract so more or less definite.
Sauber - No idea.
Toro Rosso - Verstappen confirmed
Williams - both under contract
Marussia - No one signed yet but they like Chiltons money and it would make sense to sign a Russian driver so maybe Petrov.
Caterham - Will they be there? Need a couple of paying drivers
Forza Rossa hoping to make the grid - apparently Haas F1 team have signed a deal for Ferrari engines but wont be on the grid till 2016

Over to you blokes.

No, random speculation on my part.
Although:

Red Bull - Both confirmed
Mercedes -Both under contract. There is a slight chance Rosberg will be dumped for Alonso but unlikely.
Ferrari - Definitely Vettel. I'm not sure Kimi will stay after this season. At one stage after reading Alonso interview I thought he may be staying but Montezemolo has confirmed Alonso is definitely leaving.
Lotus; Both of these bring sponsorship money. Maldonado is definite and they like Grosjean so expect him to stay.
McLaren: Nothing confirmed. Both out of contract but Button has easily out performed Magnussen this year. My doubt is with Alonso. Montezemolo also said Alonso cant wait around for a good car and given that its new ground for Honda they might need some time to become competitive.
Force India - both under contract so more or less definite.
Sauber - No idea.
Toro Rosso - Verstappen confirmed
Williams - both under contract
Marussia - No one signed yet but they like Chiltons money and it would make sense to sign a Russian driver so maybe Petrov.
Caterham - Will they be there? Need a couple of paying drivers
Forza Rossa hoping to make the grid - apparently Haas F1 team have signed a deal for Ferrari engines but wont be on the grid till 2016

Over to you blokes.

I really don't know, definitely not got my ear to the ground in terms of teams and contracts and new drivers.

I can't see Kimi going. I love Kimi but he's not the driver he was (for whatever reason) however he's got a mega-contract at Ferrari. I don't think he'll upset the apple-cart as a second driver and he brings a lot of experience.

Red Bull - Ricciardo Kvyat
Mercedes - Lewis Rosberg
Ferrari - Raikkonen Vettel
Lotus - Maldonado Grosjean
McLaren - Button Alonso
Force India - Perez Hulkenberg
Sauber - Gutierrez Sirotkin???
Toro Rosso - Verstappen Saintz Jr???
Williams - Massa Bottas
Marussia - Chilton Vergne???
Caterham - Ericsson (If he brings £18million to the team I don't think he'll be going) Jolyon Palmer???

Did I read something a while back that said the Chilton family were thinking of buying Marussia?

Standing safety car restarts have been scrapped along with double points.

Caterham have requested to use its 2014 car and engine next year.

Also the radio restrictions have apparently been canned. Well done to the FIA. Introducing a rule change mid year again and then canning it at the end of the year.... So it was all pointless.

Standing safety car restarts have been scrapped along with double points.

Caterham have requested to use its 2014 car and engine next year.

Also the radio restrictions have apparently been canned. Well done to the FIA. Introducing a rule change mid year again and then canning it at the end of the year.... So it was all pointless.

I don't think the radio rules were every really enforceable, because it's difficult to prove codes and difficult to draw the line between information and instructions.

Glad the first two have been scrapped - bonkers.

Back