• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an era where it's possible to book a ticket for a West End show three months in advance, (or more) frankly,I don't see the problem here.

West End Shows sell out so there is a need for it, we can use online ticketing to buy tickets on the morning of the game and still get the seat of our choice, so there is no need to do so.

There would be nothing wrong with having the option to buy further down the line, but there's no real need for it and it wouldn't generate any significant income because most wouldn't bother using it.

I'm guessing you've been asked this before , but as a 'relative' newcomer to the board , I will ask the question.
How does it work if the two teams play each other ?
Where does your loyalty lie ?

He asks the Guardian who he should support.

I'm guessing you've been asked this before , but as a 'relative' newcomer to the board , I will ask the question.
How does it work if the two teams play each other ?
Where does your loyalty lie ?

I'm a SUFC fan,first,last and always.

(I grew up in an era when a lot of kids at Primary school also supported a bigger club as well as Southend,usually one of the London ones).

Selling tickets to extra matches adds to admin costs. It is extra work and extra cost for zero upside considering that we never sell out, or even come close.

Additionally selling tickets in advance adds risk to whoever our payment processor is so that even if we wanted to sell tickets for the rest of the season we might not be allowed to anyway.

Just managed to book (and print) a ticket for PSG's game against Nantes in December.

I notice no SUFC tickets for December are on sale yet.:angry:

Wow really?

Can't imagine you will be able to buy tickets, in December we generally sell out every game.

We need a petition. Why dont we have the same system as a champions league team run by billionaires? The Outrage of it all!!! :witch Hunt::witch Hunt::witch Hunt::witch Hunt::witch Hunt:

It would be nice to be able to pre-book in advance, but its hardly a big deal.

Wow really?

Can't imagine you will be able to buy tickets, in December we generally sell out every game.

We need a petition. Why dont we have the same system as a champions league team run by billionaires? The Outrage of it all!!! :witch Hunt::witch Hunt::witch Hunt::witch Hunt::witch Hunt:

It would be nice to be able to pre-book in advance, but its hardly a big deal.

Now I maybe wrong , but I'm detecting the merest hint of sarcasm in your post.........

Now I maybe wrong , but I'm detecting the merest hint of sarcasm in your post.........

I did put a little bit in there, I was hoping no one would notice :smile:

Pre booking months in advance would be nice, but thats all it is, a nice to have. It wouldnt be used enough to make a difference to the club and Ive easily booked online the day of a game recently so there's not a lot of benefit to fans.

Just managed to book (and print) a ticket for PSG's game against Nantes in December.

I notice no SUFC tickets for December are on sale yet.:angry:

giphy.gif

There is actually only one game up for sale online atm-our home game at the end of November against Northampton.
So what, what exactly is the big inconvenience? The amount if posts on here indicate that you have plenty of time to visit the OS to see when they are there. Have you contacted the club if it's that big a deal?

So what, what exactly is the big inconvenience? The amount if posts on here indicate that you have plenty of time to visit the OS to see when they are there. Have you contacted the club if it's that big a deal?

Some announcement on the OS as to when tickets for home games in December will go on sale would help.

That way I wouldn't have to check the OS every day, just in case.

As for contacting the club,I'm sure you're aware (as I am), that someone at the club regularly monitors this website.

Whatever way you look at it,it's poor customer service,IMO.

Have you tried asking the official Twitter account as they tend to reply to most questions?

Some announcement on the OS as to when tickets for home games in December will go on sale would help.

As for contacting the club,I'm sure you're aware (as I am), that someone at the club regularly monitors this website.

But why do you *have* to check the OS daily? We're not going to sell out any game this season.

I've promised a mate travelling over from India that I will sort tickets for the Burton game on December 19th but won't bother buying them until that same week, by which time they will be available and I'll still be able to choose from several thousand seats around the stadium.

There really is no rush.

But you don't have to check the OS every day just in case. You choose to. You could easily get your pick of seats in the ground on the day or at any point in the week before the game.

All offering tickets to matches weeks or months down the line does is add to our costs for zero upside.

You are expecting them to have to check a 3rd party forum to deal with issues rather than just send them a quick tweet?

I mod this forum and I dont see every post, the club wont see every one either.

If its so much of an issue for you Im sure you could stand to send one message to them...

Last edited:
Not zero upside. If they did start offering it, Barna might shut the **** up for 15 minutes.

Plus they'd probably have significantly cost savings from maintaining the website what with the lower bandwidth from Barna not having to make all of those trips to the OS, good point.

Do you not check the OS daily for the latest updates at SUFC anyway? There's always something new on there

Do you not check the OS daily for the latest updates at SUFC anyway? There's always something new on there

Yes,I do normally check the OS for SUFC updates every day (when I have time that is).

I see today's latest news is about the availability of Burton tickets in December.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/

Neither these tickets, (nor those for the Dagenham game )are yet available to buy online,however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back