• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpswich

Schoolboy
Just seen Exeter are selling Matt Grimes for a reported £1.75m (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30632655)

I've not seen him play but that seems like a big fee for a 19 year old league 2 midfielder and a good bit of business from Exeter.

Do you think any teams would (and I emphasise I hope he doesn't leave) offer anything near for Bentley?

If Bently did go we would be lucky to get 500k plus add ons.

i am sure if some-one put 250k cash on the table RM would take it .... with the add ons for games played and resale

You don't get the same kind of fees for keepers, they don't have the same opportunity to impress and a good performance is being solid. I'm not sure anyone would put up much upfront for a league 2 keeper? £250k sounds about right to me too, it's the add ons we'd have to negotiate with a fine tooth comb, I'm confident he'll go far and we don't want to get sold short.

I can't see us selling for 250k or even 500k. Daniel Bentley has performed very consistently for 18 months and fans and clubs alike are beginning to get wind of this. Given that he has the attributes of a modern day goalkeeper (tall, athletic, fit, agile) and of course English, we would should be demanding six figures plus add ons.

Look all around, conference players break the million pound barriers and Championship players moving for seven figures. It will only be a matter of time before he gets an u21 call up at this rate, so I think we should be aiming a little higher.

I can't see us selling for 250k or even 500k. Daniel Bentley has performed very consistently for 18 months and fans and clubs alike are beginning to get wind of this. Given that he has the attributes of a modern day goalkeeper (tall, athletic, fit, agile) and of course English, we would should be demanding six figures plus add ons.

Look all around, conference players break the million pound barriers and Championship players moving for seven figures. It will only be a matter of time before he gets an u21 call up at this rate, so I think we should be aiming a little higher.

250k and 500k are six figures :winking:

Swansea just paid £1.75m for an Exeter player.

Wonder how much of that is up front and how much is based on clauses. I'd expect it would be closer to £500k up front and £1.25m based on appearances as well as a sell-on clause, which is what I'd hope us to get if/when we sold Bentley.

He is also an England under 20 international.

The last thing I would want to do is to delay Bentley's advancement in football. He will undoubtedly play at a higher level but it seems this season that we are in a much better position finance wise. Therefore I think we should hold out for much higher than £500k. If a bigger club (Championship and above) really want a player they will pay what it takes to get him. All that said, nobody has made a formal approach, and, until they do, it's all supposition on our part (no change there then!).

There have already been 2 offers of around the 500 k mark turned down by us and it seems we feel he is very special talent and want closer to the mill mark

Back