• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From a nostalgic point of view is great obviously, but so many over the top reactions in here - people are seeing themselves up for disappointment... Lets see how he plays first rather than judge it on a bug match in the cup were everyone is going to be upping their game considerably.

He's not gonna be captain, he's not gonna finish top scorer and its doubtful he's better than anything we already have.

That said, it's a nice story to have Adam back and I'm sure he won't let us down.

Whilst what you say makes sense ,I believe Adam will bring his vast experience and his enthusiasm to the team which Imo is invaluable.

Whilst what you say makes sense ,I believe Adam will bring his vast experience and his enthusiasm to the team which Imo is invaluable.

...all that and finally a centre half who is a threat at corners as well.

...all that and finally a centre half who is a threat at corners as well.

Not it just at corners though as I now fully expect delicious floated free kick delivery so AB can attack it...love it.

I understand what you are saying , and to a large extent agree however as you have said for some of the the matches were at a higher level but and also IMO our CB's at the moment are not as good as I would like and therefore Barrett is an upgrade. Even if he does rugby tackle someone and give away a pen, I hope this will be off set my more goals scored at the other end to offset this. Also I think and hope that he makes a change to the atmosphere at roots hall which in turn gives more confidence to the whole team . Certainly seeing Barrett celebrating a SUFC goal in front of us will bring a smile to my face
seeing any SUFC player celebrating a goal at Roots Hall will be a miracle,whats it now 300 minutes without scoring there

There's pros and cons to this and I'm still not convinced overall, however there's no doubt that we'll get 100% from him and he'll get the crowd going which is really important. Let's hope we get back on track and keep the pressure on the top 3 in the league.

After the Freddy and Barney disappointments I'm not going to get overly excited but if I'm trying to look for an example of a comeback that has worked, Spinner came back to us at the end of his career and did a job for us.

From a nostalgic point of view is great obviously, but so many over the top reactions in here - people are seeing themselves up for disappointment... Lets see how he plays first rather than judge it on a bug match in the cup were everyone is going to be upping their game considerably.

He's not gonna be captain, he's not gonna finish top scorer and its doubtful he's better than anything we already have.

That said, it's a nice story to have Adam back and I'm sure he won't let us down.

I agree.
Barratt is one of my all time favourite players and I really hope he does well for us again this time.
Time will tell , but my gut instinct is positive.
However , many posts relating to our lack of decent strikers have lauded Tubbs and Akinfenwa as 'must have' players.
So if we are saying these are two of the best in L2 then maybe Wimbledons defence have not been too clever or they would be higher up the league.
I know it's not that simple , but let's just wait and see.

football is all about emotions. I would much rather sign up to the roller coaster than keep my sensible head on.

I can already visualize him celebrating a goal in front of the Roots Hall faithful

I am normally aware when players return,Fred and Lee both had dubious spells prior to returning and sadly those records continued with us apart from fleeting moments.

Bazza is a different breed of footballer altogether and his performance against Liverpool was infectious to his team mates and he led by example.

Great signing for me.

I'm not sure you can compare this to Eastwood or Barnard. Both were in big declines before joining us.

Barnard had enjoyed scoring for fun at Southampton in League 1 until they won promotion to the Championship and then Premiership with Lambert continuing to score freely and not letting Barnard have a look in. Barnard had been out on loan at League 1 and hadn't played at all in the season he joined on loan.

Eastwood left us and started scoring for Wolves and Wales until he was moved to the wing. Goals then dried up and he went onto Coventry and was kept on the wing for them, not scoring much either and then not playing much. Picking up a knee injury along the way which seems to have been the reason he has ended his career.

On the other hand, Barrett has been playing in League 1 and 2 since leaving us. He has been playing regularly over the last couple of seasons and has joined us after playing regularly for Wimbledon and must have impressed if they wanted to sign him.

We keep comparing Barretts return to Barnard and Eastwood who are both strikers. Look at Prior and Edwards returns who were both defenders and both had successful returns. Just saying....

So if Prosser and Barrett are both fit who does he play? Personally I'd take Prosser every time.

So if Prosser and Barrett are both fit who does he play? Personally I'd take Prosser every time.

Always liked Prosser, but, Barrett is head and shoulders a better player. More experienced, a leader, better positional play etc. Ive never failed to be impressed by AB when he has played against us whether it be for Gills or the Wombles. Id be happy with both playing, of the CB at the club these two are our best. However Thompson has a lot of potential and if we need to play a right and left footed combination then AB and Thompson would be my choice.

I would go with,

Bentley

leonard, Thompson, Barrett, Coker,

Deegan,

Worrall, Timlin, Atkinson,

Piggot, Cassidy.

Back